Author Topic: Barrett (Shanagolden), Neviile (Foynes), O'Connor baptisms in Limerick.  (Read 11195 times)

Offline hall and walsh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where is the best place to start looking for the baptisms of some of my Limerick-born catholic relatives in the 1820s?
Names are Honora Barrett and Dennis Neville (both came to Australia in the 1830s) and Mary O'Connor.
Is there a central place in Limerick to search, or are the parish records in Dublin?
Thank you,
Walsh family - Listowel, Kerry; Alderney, Guernsey,  Adelaide Melbourne, New York Texas
Hall family - Toberhewney, Lurgan; Derryhoar, Tyrone; Melbourne, Australia, Quin, Clare
Downes family - Cahermurphy, Kilmihil, Clare, Adelaide Australia
Neville family - Shanagolden, Limerick, Dandenong, Victoria, Australia
Hanora Barrett - Shanagolden, Limerick, Geelong and Dandenong, Victoria, Australia

Lawry family - St Austell, Cornwall, Tasmania, Kalgoorlie, Riddells Creek Australia

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Barrett (Shanagolden), Neviile (Foynes), O'Connor baptisms in Limerick.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 March 11 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Do you know which part of Co. Limerick ?

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline oconnelljohn1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 November 12 02:22 GMT (UK) »
REGISTER ON,
(ROOTS IRELAND) (IRISH FAMILY HISTORY FOUNDATION).

JOHN

Offline hall and walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 November 12 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the tip john, yes i use ifhf but have had no success with these three lines of my family,
Walsh family - Listowel, Kerry; Alderney, Guernsey,  Adelaide Melbourne, New York Texas
Hall family - Toberhewney, Lurgan; Derryhoar, Tyrone; Melbourne, Australia, Quin, Clare
Hanora Barrett - Shanagolden, Limerick, Geelong and Dandenong, Victoria, Australia

Lawry family - St Austell, Cornwall, Tasmania, Kalgoorlie, Riddells Creek Australia

Offline morenae

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 November 12 22:55 GMT (UK) »
ROOTS IRELAND,

ENTER FAMILY NAME.,
FIRST NAME, 3 %%% PERCENTAGE SIGNS ONLY,
THE WILD CARDS.

SELECT THE PARISH & SELECT ENTER,
THE 3 %%% PERCENTAGE SIGNS WILL SHOW ALL FIRST NAMES FROM
A-Z OF THE FAMILY YOU ENTERED BECAUSE YOU LEFT THE YEAR BLANK.

ENTER PARENTS FIRST NAMES ONLY,
ALL THE CHILDREN WILL BE ON THE SCREEN TOGETHER.

Offline hall and walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the tip, I will try, using wildcards for the parents names, as unfortunately I have none.
Cheers

Offline hall and walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 25 January 13 10:17 GMT (UK) »
I found the Barretts, so thank you very much for your advice.
There were five Barrett children born in shangolden between 1825 and 1835, parents Michael Barrett and Maria Connor, Connors, O'Connor.
Having been born in shanagolden, with a small parcel of land in Ballyhahill (tithe applotments) I am assuming that michael and maria were small farmers.
I have looked for the marriage of Michael and Maria, but no luck in Limerick through the roots genealogy site.  I would be grateful for any suggestions aout where I might look for the marriage details.
Thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 January 13 10:21 GMT (UK) »
I found the Barretts, so thank you very much for your advice.
There were five Barrett children born in shangolden between 1825 and 1835, parents Michael Barrett and Maria Connor, Connors, O'Connor.
Having been born in shanagolden, with a small parcel of land in Ballyhahill (tithe applotments) I am assuming that michael and maria were small farmers.
I have looked for the marriage of Michael and Maria, but no luck in Limerick through the roots genealogy site.  I would be grateful for any suggestions aout where I might look for the marriage details.
Thanks

RC baptism and marriage records for Shanagolden parish go back to April 1824 - so it's likely that any marriage was a bit too early to be included.... there could also be earlier children to the couple

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline hall and walsh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 26 January 13 08:57 GMT (UK) »
RC baptism and marriage records for Shanagolden parish go back to April 1824 - so it's likely that any marriage was a bit too early to be included.... there could also be earlier children to the couple
Shane

Thanks Shane, I have also found the Nevilles  in the past couple of days, so I feel as though I have had a couple of terrific breakthroughs!