Author Topic: William Waugh .  (Read 15847 times)

Offline JOA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Waugh .
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 15:37 BST (UK) »
Here it is. It is a long link so if cut off, try to copy and paste.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=jowaugh&id=I0007

If you can't see it,  here is the email (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline tomk23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 April 10 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Joanne, I got your message , the moderator removed you email  ad , i did send an email but it was cut of, i saw you mentioned the burial , my w waugh was buried at Kirkmahoe with his wife , son in law wm shearer and w waugh daughter Mary , also wm Shearer s oldest daughter Mary Jessie , she died 1930 . 5 in the same grave , you probably know all this , its Wm Shearer ,s youngest daughter Elizabeth i cant find , i have got her in Dumfries up to 1910 then nothing 
             Yes i would like any info you have ,
                                           best regards Tom

Offline grendlsmother

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 May 10 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have a Jane/Jean Waugh born 1792, Closeburn, Dumfries (about 10 miles from Kirkmahoe).   She was my gggxgrandmother.  Of course the family name has changed many times since then, but I do have a tree for her showing siblings, parents etc (no documentary evidence other than IGI as the connection is quite remote).   Willing to share if you like.

Regards
Grendlsmom
Ayrshire: McCormick (mack); McFadzean; Kerr; Brown; Paton; McGregor; McDonald; Moffat; Connel; Bone
Dumfries/Lanarks: (pre-1840) McDonald; Moffat; Bone; Hamilton; Hyslop; Sandiland; Bredwood; Kerr; Brown
Ireland (pre-1820) McCormick (Monaghan)

Offline JOA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 May 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Whom did she marry? Did she stay in Closeburn? 
Joanna 

Offline grendlsmother

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 10 May 10 18:15 BST (UK) »
 She married James Hamilton around 1816.   They seem to have stayed around Closeburn/Dunscore area.   Some of the info I have came from a Hamilton researcher.   I cannot find a record of their marriage or children's births.   However, their daughter (my ggxgrandmother), Janet Hamilton's, death cert. names them as her parents and census gives her place of birth as Closeburn around 1827.   Jane Waugh died at, or shortly after Janet's birth (1827).    In 1841 James and his new wife, Margaret were farming at a place called Cample Bridge, Closeburn.   Jane Waugh's parents were John Waugh and Jean Scott (IGI).
Ayrshire: McCormick (mack); McFadzean; Kerr; Brown; Paton; McGregor; McDonald; Moffat; Connel; Bone
Dumfries/Lanarks: (pre-1840) McDonald; Moffat; Bone; Hamilton; Hyslop; Sandiland; Bredwood; Kerr; Brown

Offline JOA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 20:03 BST (UK) »
HI,
Thanks for the information.
I have some of your names in some research I have. John waugh was born about 1762  . He was associated with Croalchapel in Closeburn and he died in 1827 at Longbank in Dunscore. He is named in the Service of Heirs and is buried in Closeburn Churchyard.  Jean scott was from Durrisdeer (Closeburn OPR). John Waugh and Jean Scott had at least 10 children.  From the Closeburn OPR:
Marrion b 1789
Grizle b 1790
Jean b 1792
Isobel b 1794
Marrion b 1796
Mary b 1798
Janet b 1800
John b 1802
James b 1804
Agnes b 1806.

In my line of Waughs, I can only go back to William Waugh (1746  to 1808). He married Mary Hiddleston.They  lived in Kirkmahoe and were associated with Forestrig. They are buried in Old Dunscore Cemetery.  The Kirkmahoe OPRs have large gaps in them so I haven't been able to find records for this family.  But I do know all the 3 sons (Robert, John, William) of William are accounted for so any connection if any to your Waughs would be before 1746.  (See tree url previous message).
Joanna

Offline grendlsmother

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes, that's the family.   I have looked at your tree but cannot make any obvious connection.   However, I will keep you in mind.

All the best.
Grendlsmom

Offline sarnia23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 02 May 11 21:43 BST (UK) »
I am also related to the waughs my line refers to william waugh born 1817 kirkmahoe. I am in the process of removing all my documents from the computer and putting them into storage as i have no further desire to continue with family tree. i have lots of info certs cencus records i have also recieved photos of the waughs during there time at kirkmahoe if you would like this info please leave a personal message and i will be happy to forward copies to you

Sarnia

Offline JOA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 08 May 11 18:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarnia,
How are you related?
I have the certificates and census but am very much interested in any photographs.

Joanna Waugh