Author Topic: Keith Cemetery  (Read 4616 times)

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Keith Cemetery
« on: Sunday 25 October 09 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm visiting family in Elgin next month and would like to find the headstones for my Godparents James (Jimmy) and Helen McKerron.

Jimmy was an ex police inspecter who later became a very fine Minister of the Ch of S and I believe they both rest in Keith Cemetery.  I know he had a very large funeral service in Elgin with many from both the police and the church + many of the friends he had made along the way.

Also a lady whom my mother worked for in Fochobers, a Miss Kynoch.  I remember going to a very large house with dressed maids.  My mother used to visit Miss Kynochs bedroom and my father and I stayed in the conservatory, I seem to remember there was an aviary aswell, or we toured the garden and were served afternoon tea.

I would love to visit her resting place, which  again I believe is in Keith Cemetery.

Any help in locating the plots would be of help and save me time

regards

Carol

Siddle, Sklinar, Officer, Hebden, Riach, Younie, Mitchell aka McKandie, Algar, Wilkinson, Haverson, Mucklow,
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 October 09 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,please click on this link.It gives information,including a family tree & newspaper articles on Jimmy & Helen McKerron. Regarding their burial place,they are interred in Aberlour cemetery & not Keith. You can also search for Miss Kynoch on this website - there are a few mentioned in it.
Regards, & enjoy your visit to Elgin,it's a nice place.
flst

http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 October 09 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I've been on the libindex many a time but it does not give me anything more than I already know for Jimmy Mckerron.

But thanks for the place of death .

I've been to Elgin many a time as my grandparents lived just outside Llanbryde and still have family around the Lossie area.

I used to love my visits to Elgin but recent times, like most market towns, the present is not the same as the memories. 

As to the Kynoch querie,  I have no idea what the ladies first name was or her address apart from a big house just off the main road - possibly just off the corner of the junction.

I wonder does the library hold register of electors
Siddle, Sklinar, Officer, Hebden, Riach, Younie, Mitchell aka McKandie, Algar, Wilkinson, Haverson, Mucklow,
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 October 09 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Can I just say thank you to flst for the link?  It's fantastic!
I just clicked on it and immediately got family information that had taken me weeks to get together before - I'm saving it as a favourite and look forward to exploring properly
Maggie 1895
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 October 09 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Maggie 1895,I'm glad I could point you in the right direction but I'm sure this link is already mentioned in rootschat as a resource!
Genjunction, the libindex mentioned that the place of burial was at Aberlour not Keith cemetery.
For anyone else searching for more information on their ancestors remember that if you can look up a newspaper death announcement it will most likely state the place of interment.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.