Author Topic: William Hornal Bottomley  (Read 2194 times)

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
William Hornal Bottomley
« on: Sunday 20 October 13 21:22 BST (UK) »
I believe that William Hornal Bottomley born c1851 in Dumfries  was the son of Helen Hornal and reputed father William Bottomley[ also known as Schofield] I think he could have married Mary Ann Edger and they had one known son Peter James Hornall Bottomley c 1881.Can anybody please help me to get further William and Mary Ann's family.

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Hornal Bottomley
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 October 13 00:40 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for his marriage on Scotlands People to confirm his parents names?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 October 13 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi dotty,

Looks like William Bottomley could have been born a little later than c.1851  :) https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XYYB-5HX

The above looks like him born 2nd May 1859 at Dumfries to Helen Hornal and William Bottomley. The good news is that there should be a Birth Registration to view online at ScotlandsPeople.

I also came across this marriage 3 years earlier on 18 Feb 1856 at Dumfries -
Helen Hornel and Thomas Armstrong  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTLB-D9P
Wonder if it's the same Helen and something happened to Thomas?  ???

Looby :)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 October 13 10:26 BST (UK) »
As already stated William was born 1859 not 1851.    He married Mary Ann Edgar in 1880 Dumfries and the marriage is listed on Scotlands People.   I don't have any more credits left so you will need to purchase some yourself and details of both sets of parents should be on the marriage certificate. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 October 13 21:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the replies and I must apologise for the delay.It is a few years since I attacked this family and seem to be a bit rusty.The family search had him down as William  Bottomley Bottomley and it would appear that he was registered as Wiliam Bottomley Hornal so I wasn't sure which name I was looking for.

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk