Author Topic: 1871 cen/parish of rhu  (Read 6160 times)

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A bit of old Blarney castle
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 cen/parish of rhu
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 March 14 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Did any one get/see good detail of the IOM marr in 1857 was Anna's father listed as a painter.
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.
Atkinson...N-Yorks.    Irvine... Sothern England
Cook...glouc/shire.    Alderton... Thingoe/Suffolk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 19:23 GMT (UK) »
mick, I am back. My laptop is now feeling spanking new and quick! Sheer joy  ;D

Re that 1857 marriage in IOM, I thought the second post here had great detail www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=591054.0

William H Daniel (or Daniels) was Irish born magistrate + landed proprietor - living at 31 Derby Square Douglas in 1861 - I think in 1857 he had rented Derby Castle (later turned into a dancehall - see www.manxnotebook.com under Douglas) and in 1863 possibly at Oakhill (also see manxnotebook) - all his children were Irish born - not on Island in 1851 - no burial on Island and family appears to have removed by 1871
Suspect groom had no connection with IoM

On the same thread, there was also:

Marriage   no.  8  / 22nd   Sept .   1857   St   Thomas  ,  Douglas   part  of    Braddan   parish.
"William Frederick Cox / of full age/ Bachelor / Captain in Bengal Artillery/ Finch Road, Douglas//Father Thomas Cox/
Lieut. Colonel//
Anna Marie Daniel /Minor /   Spinster / Derby Castle,Onchan/ Father William Henry Daniel / Esquire--"
Signed  in presence of Maxwell Fleming  /  Mila  Daniel / Sam Pollock  JP  /   Mary Smyth Coltor
Vicar---- Samuel Simpson

Where did the London birth possibility come in for Anna Maria?

I do think from all the sources above that your Anna Maria was Irish born and fitting what we have in the divorce papers and connections to Doyne.

Marriage entry will be interesting that you have found: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGFB-XNS

I am wondering whether for propriety sake the marriage year was quoted as earlier than it actually was? The divorce papers that we have at TNA were not until 1862.  Maybe Winifred was born (at sea - Sulawesi Tengah, Indonesia) in 1861/2 before parents Anna Maria/Nanny and Richard Doyne married?

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica.
  By the time you start putting loads of junk files etc on your machine that will slow it down....
 but any way to other things, I found Anna's bp in the east end, but she is not in the BMD being that close to the start of things is not really an issue, from another direction if Anna was born in
Ireland and bp over here is a bit of a step to far, why, born in Ireland bp in London and then to the IOM, why not there, the Anna I found in London is that mine, is it just a coincidence that the names were the same for her father as the Irish family, because the occupation of the London papa was recorded as a painter not a magistrate, weird or what, Have we got the name of Anna's mother in all this the one in London was Mary Ann.
 When Anna got marr she was listed as a minor the way I see that is she was under 21, did we find Anna with Doyne in any census in all this, that might give idea of her age give or take, there's so much info here trying to disseminate it all, lots of links to other avenues, I confused.
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Just googled the name Naunce it seem genuine but no origin, I have to think that the London Anna is just a coincidence, by all that's coming out about this family I'll have to go back to basics and rebuild her early life, if I can find it that is, would like to get a look at the divorce papers though a bit long winded to get copies, could be interesting.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 21:18 GMT (UK) »
mick, daft question at this stage...what is your connection to this lot?! Helps with placement, facts etc.

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Re 'Nanny', my favourite first name site in the world is this one www.whatsinaname.net/php/search.php?action=search2&search_name=nanny

Nanny to Anna Maria makes sense to me... ;)

Monica

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 05 March 14 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Morning Monica.
  Relationship to all this..mm ..let me think, my wife's mother was a Pringle who marr a Whithead,
a Whitehead marr  a Toonie Cox who's father was Robert William Cox, bn India, his father was William
Frederick Cox who is/was the instigator for all this research, so if I have it right its my wife's great-great  grandfather, the name oddities in this family might stem from there life in India, that site for name meanings looks useful, I'll make note of it, will have a go at finding the divorce papers also the assizes issue with the Cannon girl in Berkshire, that turned up in a NZ newspaper? 1903,
any way many thanks for all your help, regards.....mick

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED 1871 cen/parish of rhu
« Reply #25 on: Friday 07 March 14 16:28 GMT (UK) »
This request has been completed thanks to all...mick

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Have a look for blanc (username). From memory... They were with the same Cox line as Toonie.

:) Lesanne

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=55571.msg223175#msg223175
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner