Author Topic: Arkleston Cementry, Renfrewshire!  (Read 28167 times)

Offline Researcherjoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arkleston Cementry, Renfrewshire!
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 June 11 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hello William 1. Many thanks for your kind offer of help, unfortunately I do not have a plot or row number. I remember, as a very young child, being at a cemetery with my grandparents. I mentioned this to my late mum who told me that it would Arkleston Cemetery where her gran and Pop where buried. Mum died in March.

Is the cemetery run by Renfrew council? perhaps I could contact them for the plot location! Once again many thanks for your kind offer.

Joe
Donaldson, Perry, Reid, Taylor, Hamill at Renfrew and Paisley. Watkins at Brecon, Wales. Dawson at Leamington and Sheffield. Leach at Rotherham, Sheffield, Featherstone, Altofts, Normanton and Coventry. Bailey at Coventry.

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 June 11 10:43 BST (UK) »
yes it is run by renfrewshire council it would be best to ask them it will be about £17 i think they charge.. but if i went to the hut at the cemetery they would not be able to help me unless i had the plot number at least and it would be no trouble for me to go up and get the information for you when you get the plot number and i would take pictures for you as well
http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/ilwwcm/publishing.nsf/Content/InternetHomePage
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Researcherjoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 June 11 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hello William 1. Thank you for your kind offer of visiting my ancestor's grave. I have emailed Renfrewshire Council and will let you know when I get a reply.

Very Many sincere thanks.
Joe
Donaldson, Perry, Reid, Taylor, Hamill at Renfrew and Paisley. Watkins at Brecon, Wales. Dawson at Leamington and Sheffield. Leach at Rotherham, Sheffield, Featherstone, Altofts, Normanton and Coventry. Bailey at Coventry.

Offline Researcherjoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 13 June 11 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hello William 1,

Renfrewshire Cemeteries Department have sent me the grave plot information re my great grand parents grave at Arkleston Cemetery. William and Margaret Perry are buried in Section A compartment M Plot No 53. The lady has also given the names of those buried either side to help the search ie.52 Hamilton. 51 Howie. 50 Taylor. 54 Park. 55 Clark. 56 Lawrie.

Once again many many thanks for your help. my email address is (*)

Best Wishes
Joe

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 June 11 10:59 BST (UK) »
well i am glad you got the plot number and row number as well and they did not charge you. well as you know i went up to the cemetery and asked the man in charge where the grave was and he took me to it and as it was from 1920 the headstone was one of them that was flat and it lies on the ground so because of the scottish weather it was covered in moss and you could hardly see the writting on the stone. but i got you the information and pictures of the stone. and  you said when you come to scotland we can meet up sometime. again i dont mind helping people if it is near to where i live it is no trouble at all as long as it is not raining hehehe lol. so if you need help again just ask
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 July 11 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hi William
                      I would like to take up your kind offer of looking up details of burial plot in Arkleston Cemetery. The details are Sect B-compartment J- lair no 52. Hope you can help/

Best wishes
Gerry 
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 18 July 11 21:05 BST (UK) »
hi do you have names as that would help as well
i will try and go up tomorrow if it is dry

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 18 July 11 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi William
                       Sorry, the names are Peter Scott and his wife Elizabeth Scott nee Cumming. If they have a stone it would be nice to find out what the inscription is.

Thanks again   Gerry
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 19 July 11 09:58 BST (UK) »
right i was there this morning and there is no headstone there at all i asked the groundsman and they went with me as well to look but all that was there was a small urn that you put flowers into. but there was nothing written on it at all. if you want you could phone the council and ask them who is each side of your plot and you would know for sure..