Author Topic: Abraham Duff and Sarah Wheldon  (Read 2096 times)

Offline isk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Abraham Duff and Sarah Wheldon
« on: Tuesday 17 June 14 20:48 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone can help with this couple, and as I write, I wonder if I should perhaps be adding it to the Dunbartonshire page?
Abraham Duff was born in Port Glasgow on 7th December, 1764 - Father: John Duff, a Brewer there.  Mother: Janet Hendry.
Sarah Wheldon was born at Ardencaple, in the Parish of Row(Rhu), on 6th May, 1768 - Father: Joseph Wheldon  Mother: Nanny Chalmers.
Abraham and Sarah married in the Parish of Row on 26th March, 1789.
Any help would be much appreciated.

isk :)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Abraham Duff and Sarah Wheldon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 22:02 BST (UK) »
Since you have their marriage and birth info and parents can you tell us more about what help you are hoping to find? Are you looking for children?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline isk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi craclyn
I have one child John who was born in the Parish of Bonhill in 1792 and I wondered if there were any other children and if they remained in the area, returned to Port Glasgow or went further afield. I have fairly extensive information on the Wheldons and would like to flesh out the bones of this particular family.

isk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 22:53 BST (UK) »
I was only able to find John as a child of Abraham & Sarah. Lots of siblings for Abraham though.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 10:18 BST (UK) »
John was the only child I could see also ....I did see a Jane Duff in the 1861 census born 1797 Greenock living Clyde Street Helensburgh occupation spirit dealer
Also in the 1871 Census living 51,East King Street retired spirit merchant Jane is living with a married daughter Jane Ponds ( Duff )
The Jane Duff born 1797 died 7/12/1878 residing in Helensburgh copy of her will on S P maybe no connection but worth a try .....As you say you don't know if the family moved on ..  :) :)

Offline isk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 June 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you both.  I found Abraham's siblings and it looks as if a bit more research is called for, once this lovely weather means the garden calls less.

Thanks again  isk :) :)