Author Topic: Milmoe Ballymote Sligo 1837  (Read 11256 times)

Offline esteele

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Milmoe Ballymote Sligo 1837
« on: Sunday 20 May 12 17:29 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help with birth cert or details of parents and siblings of Bryan Milmoe born 1837 married Catherine Kerins in Ballymote RC church 1861, died 1897. His children are Mary, John, Bernard,Michael,Hugh, Catherine

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Milmoe Ballymote Sligo 1837
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 May 12 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,

As you will know, Bryan and Catherine married before civil records.
Do you have the marriage record from the church?

Griffiths Valuation for the civil parish has Kerins entries but no Milmoe entries. http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/sligo/emlaghfad.htm
There are a few Milmo entries in GV and just a couple of Milmoe. http://www.failteromhat.com/post1845.php

http://sligo.rootsireland.ie/ is a payable site but looking at an initial free search there is  a marriage for Bryan Milmoe 1861.

There is no baptism record but I had a look for Bernard Milmoe and there may be a record there. I have found Bryan and Bernard as interchangeable sometimes.

Your family baptisms are listed on Family Search together with other Milmoe family records for a similar time.

Here is some information which may help Introduction to Irish Records
regards
heywood

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline esteele

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 May 12 19:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Heywood, for all the contact sites, it will give me a lot to work on.   I dont have the marriage date for Bryan Milmoe, except it was 1861,  but am emailing the parish priest there, for the information

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 May 12 21:38 BST (UK) »
Good luck - hopefully that will help with his father's name.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bigbigjimbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 June 13 12:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I seen your post and I may be able to help you with some information on Kerins of Ballymote.
I have somewhere birth records from the church for the name kerins although it may only be for male kerins.
I wish that when i was there I had photographed all the records as they would have been useful.
You will probibly find that the parish priest will tell you all records are with the Registry office they do not like getting involved in providing record information, I know this as I had done the same as you. What I had to do was go to the church and request the caretaker to let me see the records.
provide me with your email and i will try and find what i have for you.

Offline BostonKathryn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hi.  My Owens (Hugh) Kerins family were living in Listrush, near Ballymote, RC parish of Keash and Culfadda since at least the 1850's.  I have yet to find out where the original Owen came from before that time.  His marriage record in Keash to Winifred Kielty does not list where they came from or any parents.

I have found Owen's children, Mark (moved to England with wife) & Owen (stone cutter can't find afater about 1880), Winifred Quigley who lived in Riverstown, Bridget McDermott?, and Catherine Shiels who remained in Listrush.

In about 1938 when Catherine Kerins Shiels died, my mom recalls that she heard them tell her eldest brother to go down to the Coach (Koash) road to tell granny's family.  But, other than that my mom and her siblings know nothing more about those "cousins".

Thanks for reading and perhaps noticing something is familiar.

Kathy

Offline bigbigjimbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 25 May 15 09:56 BST (UK) »
Kathryn,
I think it was you who sent me an email requesting information I appear to have deleted it can you contact again.

Offline BostonKathryn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 May 15 15:21 BST (UK) »
Jimbo - I don't believe it was me sending you a private email.  Do you have Owen Kerins from Listrush in your tree?  Kathryn

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 25 May 15 18:44 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fd1/   gets you all Owens born Co Sligo in 1901 Census.. then check Surnames...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.