Author Topic: Thomas Breyer and Sarah Adams  (Read 2700 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Breyer and Sarah Adams
« on: Wednesday 16 July 14 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with the following?

I am researching at the moment a Thomas Breyer who married a Sarah Adams on 23 September 1686 at Offley, Hertfordshire.

Thomas and Sarah apparently had two children:

Sarah Breyer baptised 23 March 1686 Offley Hertfordshire (before parents marriage?)

William Breyer baptised 27 August 1690 Offley Hertfordshire

I am trying to see if Sarah Breyer baptised 1686 is possibly Sarah Adams who married Francis Pigott in 1712?

Any help much appreciated! :D

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Breyer and Sarah Adams
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 18:52 BST (UK) »
Sarah Breyer baptised 23 March 1686 Offley Hertfordshire (before parents marriage?)

Until 1752, the start of the new calendar year was the end of March.  Sarah Breyer's baptism was therefore in March 1686/7 rather than the beginning of 1686.  If you check out the original entry which is viewable on FindMyPast, you'll see this. ;)

Therefore, I don't think you'll find she is the Sarah Adams marrying in 1712, she would have married as Breyer.  Even if she had been born before the marriage, the fact the parents married would have meant she would most likely have married as Breyer anyway.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day