Author Topic: Robertson, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, 1830's on  (Read 3148 times)

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robertson, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, 1830's on
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 March 14 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

is this Alexanders birth

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X1FN-G8L

Roberts Banns from Blairgowrie from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
  27/11/1808 ROBERTSON ROBERT ELIZABETH ANDERSON/ M BLAIRGOWRIE /PERTH 335/00 0010 0467

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 March 14 18:48 GMT (UK) »
That does appear to be the correct one :)
Boomeranger, sorry if my cautionary word came across wrong! I've seen so many online trees with incorrect information (regarding my ancestors) & I do try & point out the mistakes & help others find their actual relatives. The website scotlandspeople is the best site for viewing original documents,as opposed to transcribed. There are some free online sources of information which you can use to search for your ancestors but as I said, be wary! Rootschat has several topics on Scottish resources & I recommend you read through them before parting with any money. The one on how to optimise scotlandspeople searches is particularly useful. Hope this helps & if stuck don't hesitate to ask us.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Boomeranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 March 14 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the advice! I'll read the article you recommend. Thanks again. Andrew

Offline Boomeranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 March 14 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Yes, this is the correct Alexander. I am descended from his brother, Robert. I have got back as far as their parents, Robert Robertson 1783- 21/2/1850 and Elizabeth Anderson 1787- 18/1/1821, but no further back. I believe Robert is buried at Blairgowrie Parish Church, Kirk Wynd, also known as Hill Church, but there is no marker. The church records state his death date is 23 January not 21, so it may be that the actual burial that took place on the 23rd. This is the same cemetery that I mention at the start of this Subject, where Alexander's marker is to be found. It is engraved marble and in good condition, so it's a pity his father's marker has gone. Thanks for the response.