Author Topic: Nolan, Inchmore  (Read 16026 times)

Offline cyril walsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nolan, Inchmore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 October 10 12:23 BST (UK) »
hello bob
great to hear from you, i had a photo of catherine nolan nee barry, but my email was hacked.
i think noreen has the same one i had, my sister has loads.
i'm waiting for her to send them to me,
i built the walsh adamson family tree on rootschat it has all the details on there.
when i get more photos i will post them up there, you are welcome to check it out.
if you send me your email address i will send you an invite to it that way you can add any info photos etc.
cathys parents were william berry and mary dugan, cathy was born 1876.
hope to hear from you soon
cyril
MAYO walsh, groonell, connolly, hennelly, reany,
KILDARE jacob, callan, byrne, herbert, duggan, mcgrath, danagher, farrell, mc evoy, ward, o brien.
WESTMEATH nolan, deegan, duggan berry, tiernan, mccormack,duffy,murray.

Offline iancongo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 16:09 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace info about my ggg grandfather Michael Gilchrist who married Mary Nolan in Ireland in approx 1830's.  They had a son named James Gilchrist born in 1841 who was born in Ireland and later moved to Old Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.  I have traced other Nolans in Old Cumnock who come from Westmeath, John Nolan born Westmeath, Ireland in 1846 who married Mary Innes in Scotland in 1871. John's parents were Michael Nolan and Ann Malloy who I believe were married in Ireland but were resident in Ayrshire in 1861 and 1871. I am speculating that James may have moved to Old Cumnock to join these Nolan relatives although I haven't yet found confirmation although Janet Nolan (grandaughter of Michael Nolan and Ann Malloy) was a witness at the wedding of Hannah Gilchrist (grandaughter of Michael Gilchrist and Mary Dolan) possibly 2nd cousins?  Any links that anyone may have to these families it would be great to hear about them!
Harvey(Outwell, Norfolk), Vipans (Upwell, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire), Gilchrist/Galoway (Old Cumnock, Lanarkshire and Ireland), Skinner (Banchory, Kindardine, Aberdeenshire), Finlayson (Aberdeenshire, Ross, Cromarty) Ratter (Shetland), Wilson, Dickson, Watson (Galashiels, Douglas, Scotland)

Offline DavidNolan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 January 14 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Dear sir madam,
My name is DAVID NOLAN I am from TUBBERCLAIR GLASSON ATHLONE CO WESTMEATH. I've only came across this site and didn't realise I had so many cousins in america. I would love to hear from some of my cousins in New York or possibly meet up some time. I do be on inch more all the time and often wonder about my family before who left for America. I would be very interested in hearing from any Nolans in America, Scotland or England or elsewhere. I could also bring you to inch more to visit if you'd be interested. My grandfather was John Nolan and my Grandmother was Bridie Nolan.  I hope to hear from somebody soon.

Offline Nudgef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 January 14 19:45 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was Michael Nolan who came to the U.S. In 1928.  His parents were John Nolan and (Catherine) Kate Berry.  Their parents were Michael Nolan and Anne Tiernan (?).  I have visited one of my relatives in Tubberclaire.   Please let me know how you might be related.
Fox, Mcvitty, Morecraft

Nolan, Berry, Tiernan

Offline Duffy C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Nolan, Inchmore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 January 14 02:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dave. I have at least one connection to your Nolans through the Nolans of Tonagh Westmeath. The Nolans married into the Berrys I believe and the have Murray connections as well. I believe I am related to Noreen's Nolans also through the Berrys. My Conlons are from Glasson, but apparently at least two Conlon lines there. I have Spollen, Carty, Murray, Ganley, McCann, Dooley, Dolan, Ryan, and Berry connections in that area. Any connections with those families? I live in Rochester NY. Maybe can hook up for a pint in the Glassan Pub.

Offline Maghcorna

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 22:51 BST (UK) »
Cyril, Sorry for the delay! Love to see photo to shre with my father who used to live there in 1950's. Do you know move about cathy Berry's siblings or parents? Her date of birth etc? Where do you live? I am related to Nudgef too. Thanks Bob

I am interested in Tiernan Inchmore. I think the full name for the Island was Inchmore Tiernan.
I note a Bob Conlon on this query. I think we have made contact prior to this? Matthew Fagan lived on Inchmore. He was married to a Tiernan. If I recall correctly there was a Nolan living with them at Census time. Would love to tie up some loose ends on family tree, My grandmother was Fagan from Killeenmore
Seán.

Offline Nudgef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 01:37 BST (UK) »

I am interested in Tiernan Inchmore. I think the full name for the Island was Inchmore Tiernan.
I note a Bob Conlon on this query. I think we have made contact prior to this? Matthew Fagan lived on Inchmore. He was married to a Tiernan. If I recall correctly there was a Nolan living with them at Census time. Would love to tie up some loose ends on family tree, My grandmother was Fagan from Killeenmore
Seán.
[/quote]

Sean,
     My grandfather Michael Nolan lived on Inchmore with his family.  He and Pat Fagan were good friends and possibly cousins.  They both came to the U.S.  Kate Berry and John Nolan were Michaels parents. 
John Nolan's parents were Anne Tiernan and Michael Nolan, I believe, however I'm not sure if Anne is the correct first name.  If you have any information about this it would be very appreciated!
Fox, Mcvitty, Morecraft

Nolan, Berry, Tiernan

Offline CaseyFew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

I, too am researching my Nolan relatives and I am wondering if I might be related to you as well. My 4th GGF was John Nolan (b abt 1775) who lived in  Kilcumreragh in Co. Westmeath as 1827.
3 GGF was his son Bernard Nolan (b. 1821 Rosemount, Westmeath)
2 GGF was his son Michael Nolan (b. 1843 Westmeath, d. 1904 Brooklyn, NY)
GGM was his daughter Rose Nolan Brooks (b. 1875 d. 1926 Brooklyn, NY)

My sister and I are going on our first visit to Ireland this May and will be visiting the Dun Na Si Heritage Centre in Moate, Co. Westmeath. The centre is committed to preservation of history and has genealogists available to assist in research for a nominal fee. I just found out about this resource. Thought I might share it with all of you as well if you have not already checked with them regarding your Westmeath ancestors!

Casey Few
Los Angeles, CA