Author Topic: Fitzpatrick  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Mikste

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fitzpatrick
« on: Tuesday 27 September 11 05:00 BST (UK) »
Anyone have any information relating to the Fitzpatrick family of Tullassa, Kilmaley parish? My great great grandmother was Ellen Fitzpatrick. She was born around 1819. Other known family members were Thomas, Michael and Darby. Michael married an Anne Cahill around 1827 and had a son, James, in 1828. I suspect Thomas may have been the father of Ellen, Michael and Darby.
My great great grandmother, Ellen, married John Kelly, of Knockadangan, in the old Kilmaley church on the 13th Feb 1839. Michael and Darby Fitzpatrick were witnesses. John and Ellen had three children in Ireland: Martin born circa 1842, Maria (Mary, my great grandmother) circa 1843 and Michael born August 1845. Michael Fitzpatrick and Anne Cahill Fitzpatrick were baptism sponsors for Michael. John and Ellen Fitzpatrick Kelly had twelve acres of land at Cappanakilla, north of Ennis.
The family migrated to Adelaide, South Australia, around 1848, according to Maria's obituary. Initially they lived in 'Irishtown' (North Adelaide) before moving to Crafers in the hills east of Adelaide. Ellen died, aged 37, in 1855. John then took the family to the Clare Valley around 150kms north of Adelaide.
Looking forward to any discussions,
Mike Wallace

Offline dundeemayer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 03:16 GMT (UK) »
Mike,

I have a good amount oif information on the Tullassa Fitzpatrick's if you are interested.  My e-mail is

John
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline denyse_aus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 00:34 BST (UK) »
I am also interested in a Fitzpatrick family who were in Tullassa, Ennis. If this is your family, please leave a message or come into the Rootschat chatroom where we can exchange e-mail addresses.

Name: Anne Donnellan
Father: Donnellan
Mother: Quinn

Spouse: Thady Fitzpatrick
Children I know of:
Michael (1864-)
Ellen (1869-)
--
FITZPATRICK, Michael   24 October 1864 
Parents:  Thady Fitzpatrick & Anne Donnellan, Tullassa, Ennis

FITZPATRICK, Ellen   21 February 1869
Parents: Thady Fitzpatrick & Anne Donnellan, Tullassa, Ennis 
Godparents:  Martin Donnellan & Anne Donnellan
--
Regards,
Denyse in Queensland
CHS: Boulderstone, Lomas, Bracegirdle, Worsencroft, Whitelegg, Jones, Simpson, Harding, Walley, Crewe<br />LAN: Butterworth, Holme, Brierley, Hoyle, Keary, Taylor, Bonney, Winterbottom, Bennison, Roscoe<br />W/MIDS: Stringer, Gill, Hampton, Hancox, Grainger, Parkes, Bodily, Jeavons, Ellis, Troman<br />MSX, LON, SRY: Stoner, Russell, Colebrook, Deighton, Husher, Bonney, Knott, Boatwright, Woodman, Smith<br />CLA: Quinn, Creedy, McGrath, McInerney, Arkins<br />COR: Lenihan, Connor, Byrne, Welsh<br

Offline Mikste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 02:07 BST (UK) »
My e-mail address is mikste@adam.com.au. I will probably be able to give you some information on the Fitzpatrick's.
Mike Wallace

Offline dundeemayer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 03:35 BST (UK) »
My e-mail is dundeemayer@comcast.net and I might be able to add some Fitzpatrick and Donnellan info as well.