Author Topic: Stanley Lunt  (Read 3222 times)

Offline lynnthompson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stanley Lunt
« on: Thursday 13 August 09 06:48 BST (UK) »
Am searching for any information on Stanley Lunt b. 1919 I think in Merseyside.or Shropshire.  He was in the Army Air Corps with a number that looks like HM.11.5115286.  I believe he died in Mar 1988, and lived in Birmingham at that time.   That is about all the information on him.  I do not know if he was married but has a daughter born in 1946 in St Marylebone.  Her mother's name was OZANNE.  Can any one please help me or direct me to where I might begin this rather futile search.  Thankyou.

Lynn

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Lunt
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 August 09 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn

Dec Qtr 1919 (17/11/1919 according to the death index)

Stanley Lunt    Mothers maiden name Boylin        Ellesmere  6a 1244   

The Ellesmere registration district spanned parts of Flintshire and Shropshire

I think Stanleys Death Certificate might be a good place to start, they can reveal quite a bit of information

Where in the world is St. Marylebone ??

Regards

Simon

Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 August 09 08:36 BST (UK) »
Post in error
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 August 09 08:43 BST (UK) »
The death index gives Stanley's date of birth as 17 Nov 1919.

The matching birth index is Dec quarter of 1919, Ellesmere volume 6a page 1244. His mother's maiden name was Boylin.

Ellesmere covers parts of Gloucestershire, Shropshire & Herefordshire.

There is a likely marriage of Randle Lunt and Annora Bessie B Boylin in Ellesmere, June quarter of 1910, 6a 1359.

FreeBMD shows 3 likely siblings, Lilian M in June 1914, Ivy B in March 1916 and Ronald in December 1925.

There are no appropriate LUNTs born in 1946, but there is an OZANNE in the last quarter of 1945. If you want the details I can send them in a PM as she may still be living.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 August 09 09:45 BST (UK) »

Ellesmere covers parts of Gloucestershire, Shropshire & Herefordshire.

No it doesn't, it is about 15 miles south of Chester, between Owestry and Whitchurch

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 August 09 11:05 BST (UK) »
Serves me right for pasting from A******y!

A quick google for "Stanley Lunt" brings up a couple of possible references to this chap.

Someone says that a Corporal Stanley Lunt won the DCM at Arnhem. The London Gazette says that 5115286 Corporal Stanley Lunt, Army Air Corps. won the Military Medal in 1944, so that is much more likely than the DCM.

A Stanley Lunt got his Royal Aero Club Aviator's Certificate in 1939. This chap was born in November 1900 and lived in Birmingham, so may be some sort of cousin.

A Stanley Lunt and a Thomas Randle Lunt were involved in a dispute about fishing rights on the River Wye in Herefordshire in 1976. The document refers to T.R. Lunt's brother H.G. Lunt and their father R.N. Lunt. "H.G." seems to be Humphrey Gay Lunt, born in King's Norton, but with the name Randle around, they are almost certainly relatives.

Someone on Curious Fox is researching a Stanley Lunt born c1885 who worked at Ellesmere railway station and married Annora Bessie. Maybe Randle was known as Stanley?

Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 August 09 11:21 BST (UK) »
QUOTE "Where in the world is St. Marylebone ??"
In London, the parish of Marylebone etc.,

Offline lynnthompson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 August 09 16:07 BST (UK) »
thank you to all of you who have replied so quickly  I cannot see how you all get the information so quickly.  I am very grateful and can move forward from here  St Marylebone is a) a station in London and B) a district in London.    I will certainly check out the site where you have found the Army Air Corps record.  Could you please let me know the site so I may apply for his record.  Thankyou.
Regards

Lynn

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 13 August 09 18:17 BST (UK) »
We find stuff quickly because we've spent a lot of time on our own research and worked out a few methods. Quite often we are now stuck with our own stuff, and helping others on here make progress gives us the boost we need! Some of us have paid subscriptions for various websites, and are happy to use them for the benefit of others. Many records are also available for free.

If you put "London Gazette" into a search engine, it will give you the site where Official Announcements are put. These announcements include services appointments, medals, honours etc., and business events like bankruptcies and company name changes. The Gazette used to be a paper publication, but these days it just seems to be online. The old issues have been scanned and indexed - user the search under "Historians". The earliest dates are in the 17th century.

"Marylebone" , the area between Paddington and Regent's Park, very rarely gets the prefix "Saint", because that would cause confusion with "St. Mary-le-Bow" the church in the east end, location of the "Bow Bells" so important in the definition of "Cockney".