Author Topic: Ann Linday chr c1763 Kirkby Ireleth Lookup please  (Read 5592 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Linday chr c1763 Kirkby Ireleth Lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 31 October 11 11:52 GMT (UK) »
This may be a connection to your family ,though a generation after yours,

QSP/2335/16
Lancashire records office,

Removal order,

Lower Holker to Langdale,co Westmorland,
Order of removal of Hannah Lindsay wife of Hamilton Lindsay,and Grace ,Hamilton,Elizabeth and  Ann,their children,
9th of March 1794
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Sorry The older head stones are so worn and weathered,at St Cuthberts, I couldnt read them,I have a friend who works transcribing and he is going to see if he can find any thing for you,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Being very cheeky here but could you ask your transcribing friend to see if there are any Hewartson gravestones as well. Great great grandparents came from Kirkby Ireleth.

many thanks

Gibel

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Of course I will,I am only a few miles away from Kirby in Furness,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 November 11 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Hogan there are no monumental inscriptions for your family in Kirby Ireleth as far as we can see ,possibly they are in Ireleth ,or Dalton In Furness,
there are no marriages in the notes I have but a few baptisms for the children of William and Isabella,are these your ancestors of Brighouses,Kirby in Furness,

Sorry about that ,one good thing though they never claimed Parish relief or went into the workhouse,I am reading the vestry notes ,and have them for one week only,as they are on loan,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 November 11 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Steph,
Your William Newton was an overseer of the poor and he and his family are mentioned many times,there are to many little snippets to even start to post them if you PM me I will give you the name and telephone number of the person who produced the book,he may have or know where you can purchase a copy,for your own use,it was printed in 2004 ,but you never know he may still have an odd copy hanging around,

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 November 11 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Thabks Radcliff William and Isabella Hewartson are mine. I have all their baptisms but thanks very much for looking. William varies between an ag lab and a quarry lab. He was born in Beetham maried in Cartmel and arrived in Brighouse after his marriage. His son Joseph my gg grandfather went to Barrow became an engine driver and married Jane Geldart whose grandfather was the Lighthouse keeper at Walney island.

Thanks for looking.

Gibel

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 November 11 19:28 GMT (UK) »
That is the family I picked up on, Geldarts are still strong in Dalton,

Offline Cumbrian Pete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 16 April 12 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Have you considered that Linday could be a typo?   There are a few people with the surname Lindsay in Furness, but Lindow is quite common, particularly in the area between Lowick and Ulverston.  One possibility is Anne Lindow, b 1757, daughter of William Lindow of Hawkswell and his wife Anne, nee Postlethwaite.

I haven't checked the original of the Blawith marriage, but it seems plausible that Lindow could have been misread as Linday.

Pete