Author Topic: Looking for Tweedies  (Read 16818 times)

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Tweedies
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 October 05 22:54 BST (UK) »
That's right, .......Mormon family history centre.
I am the hugest fan of Scotlandspeople, for ...after 1855 certificates, and Wills,
but searching the OPR's, it is great for the search, but, then you shouldn't order from them, just to get, what, is already in the search result, costing so much money,

for about 2 pounds, you can find all sorts of info from the film of your parish...... from the mormons.
regards,
kenjo :D
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline osprey28

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 December 05 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tess

I haven't forgotten my offer to get a photo of Stow Church for you - at this time of year when I travel thru Stow it is dark going and returning from work.  The times I have been there at weekends the weather is too horrid for photos.  I will get them to you sometime.

Best regards

Osprey
Allan / Gordon / Aitken / Milne / Grant / Burnett in Aberdeenshire.  Allan / Alexander / McGowan in West Lothian / Davidson in Fife / Dempster in Lanarkshire / Allan / Burnett USA & Canada

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 December 05 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Osprey ;D Hope you had a good holiday. Bettcha which you were still there. The photo will do anytime. Your'e better off waiting till Spring.  Thanks Tess

Offline wendy26

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 November 06 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tess
I have just found this site and your message. Sorry its 12 months late :o
Your husband's grt. grandfather William Hindle married Barbara Tweedie;she was born in 1824 at Seithope, Peebleshire. She was the daughter of Richard Tweedie and Agnes Kirkward and the sister of  my grt.grt.Grandmother Alison. who was born in 1839.
Look forward to hearing from you
Wendy

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 November 06 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wendy thanks for that. So glad you have got back to me even though it has been twelve months since I was inquiring about the Tweedies.. I have a family Bible that belonged to William Hindle and Barbara's family, naming all her children, some born in Peeblesshire and some born in Oswaldtwistle where we still live. I am married to a William Hindle and our son is William Hindle.. Seemingly, there always has been a William Hindle in the family. Unfortunately, our son will be th last he doesn't seem like he will get married and produce another line of Hindles.!! Sad.
Well thanks again for getting in touch, and if you haven't got the Tweedie Family History I will be only to pleased to send it to you. A kind young man from America sent it to me. and there is your gtgtgrandmother Alison's name there too. Bye for now Tess

Offline wendy26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 November 06 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tess,

Thanks for that;it is all very exciting especially good as it's my birthday!! what a great
 present finding more relatives!

Alison had illegitimate triplets, William, John and Richard,. William had a son, Douglas,he was my Grandfather and his daughter Winifred is my Mum.

I will write more fully tomorrow.
Best wishes
Wendy

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 November 06 18:34 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Hi Wendy, Happy Birthday. I am so glad you are part of the family.
Looking forward to hearing more about you.
Love Theresa

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 23 August 07 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Tess

Just a thought - I pass thru Stow almost every day en-route to work - the parish church there is truly beautiful - if you wish I could stop on way home & take a digital photo & send on to you via PM.
Let me know if that is of interest to you.

Best regards

Osprey
Osprey, Hope you don't mind me contacting you. But I just wondered if you had taken that photo of Stow church yet? You may have forgotten. I f you can't manage it it's ok I will understand. Tess

Offline kimstinson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 14 July 11 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My father was the great grandson of Barbara Tweedy and William Hindle. His grandmother was their child Barbara. I saw you were interested in the siblings of William, your relative.
I am going to Peebles in two weeks and would love to visit any relevant churches etc. I will take photos...so if you have any details I will use them. Barbara was born at Seithope Manor, Peebleshire and my mother has an oil painting that  Barbara and William brought with them from scotland. She thinks it is where they lived. When I research Steinhope, I can't find where it was. I will probably visit Drummezier - that looks also to be where some of the family was born.

Regards ad thanking you in anticipation for any information,

Kim