Author Topic: Richard Everall and Rowland Harley  (Read 2202 times)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Richard Everall and Rowland Harley
« on: Tuesday 25 February 14 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Dose anyone know anything about Richard Everall in Leebotwood  and Rowland Harley  Ditton Priors1700 to 1770 in these area,s I have a settlement order for my 3x great grandfather Richard Hickman born illegitamly in Frodesly 1743 His mother Susanna Hickman married Richard Langford in 1746 in the settlement order he mentions at the age of ten he was hired by his uncle Richard Everall of Leebotwood and also after living with his cousin Rowland Harley in Ditton Priors the settlement order was in 1770 his mother was an only child and searched in vain but know nothing of these two relatives or how they were related so wondered if anyone on rootschat has any information on them ?
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline mauricej

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Everall and Rowland Harley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 February 14 16:35 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Joyce,

From the Leebotwood parish registers:

1732, May 29.   Richard Everall & Sarah Botfield married by licence.

1733, March 26.   Peter, son of Richd. & Sarah Everall ... baptised.

1735, May 26.   Richard, son of Richd. & Sarah Everall (born May 15) ... baptised.

1736,  Feb. 8.   Sarah, daughter of Richd. & Sarah Everall (born Feb. 6) ... baptised.

1736,  Feb. 8.   Sarah, wife of Richd. Everall ... buried.

1739, May 28.   Richd. Everall, of Leebottwood &. Catherine Thomas, of Frodsley, married by banns.

1774,  Feb. 28.   Catherine, wife of Richard Everall, Elcot ... buried.

Regards,

Maurice

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 February 14 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Possible Baptist Record for Rowland

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JMXR-4VQ

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 February 14 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your replys as my ggggrandfather was born in 1743 i would think Rowland Harley married to Sarah Botfield was  his cousin and also thankyou for the information on Richard Everall What  i cannot seem to find  where the link is as his mother was a only child and he was illegitemate i can only assume somewhere there is a link to his father.his mother Susanna Hickman married Richard Langford in 1746 Frodesley .
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline mauricej

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 March 14 15:31 GMT (UK) »

I'm confused, not difficult I know:
i would think Rowland Harley married to Sarah Botfield was  his cousin
??? ???
Where did this come from ?
I thought that in 1732, May 29.  Richard Everall & Sarah Botfield married by licence.
Are there two Sarah Botfield ?

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 07 March 14 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help it is much appreciated Rowland Harley although i think the same think maybe a bit later as cousin of Richard Hickman born 1743 do not know connection.
With Richard Everall after studying have come to theory that Richard Everall is possibly that Alexander Hickmans wife Martha was possibly a Everall and Alexander and Marth brought up their grandson.thiz would explain him calling Richard Everall his uncle as daughter Susanna Hickman was a only child and unmarried..