Author Topic: Five Roads and Seaside Llanelly interests  (Read 8349 times)

Offline Agatemoose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Five Roads and Seaside Llanelly interests
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 December 08 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information about ancestors of, or descendents of, John Newland Morris, believed born 16 Feb 1823, Llanilly. Married Phoebe Devinold (spelling?) about 1853. Phoebe believed born about 1830, Llanilly. John Newland Morris and Phoebe Devinold Morris emigrated to the U.S. about 1855.

Please reply if you have information or interest.

Hello, well shucks, I just wrote a whole bunch and the blog timed out.  Suffice it to say JNM was my great-great grandfather.  I wrote quite a bit before, but it's getting late, so let me know if you ever found info, what you need, if anything.  I have a great deal if information about his descendants.  Nothing about his ancestors (our ancestors) yet. This is my first experience with a blog, even tho I'm on a computer and do searches professionally, so I'll send this and see if you pick it up. It has been quite awhile.

Agatemoose

Offline LClark

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 March 09 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi DRodriques

This is your cousin LClark.  Just got a note from Wales wanting to know if I knew who you were.
Small world huh.
I have been doing more research on the John Newland Morris line.  The research on his son John Devonald Morris
is starting to be more complete.  I have been able to  find more of there death dates and where they are buried.  Let me know if you would be interested in this informtion.

Take care your cousin in Utah.
LClark

Offline liblob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 July 09 22:34 BST (UK) »
On the subject of Seaside, I have discovered that my g g grandfather owned a lot of property on Caroline St and Burry St which I believe was in that area.
I thought that this was property belonging to the Lead/Copperworks- so how would he have acquired it?
he appears not to have had a very affluent job so why wpould he have owned 5 houses to give away in his will?
(His name was John Francis)

He was also my ancestor and I have been told that he may have won the properties playing cards!!

Offline blodyn tatws

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 May 10 11:08 BST (UK) »
The Samuel family are still around at Cencoed Isaf, Cwmbach Llanelli they have links with Llannon. My family moved to Glynsylen at the end of 19th century...but don't think they married into The Samuel family.... but when each generation have had 14-19 children it's a bit difficult to keep tabs!

Offline Welsh Chris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 May 10 16:58 BST (UK) »
I have samuels at Glynsylen in 1851/1861. In 1881 Raynor Thomas and family lived there and in 1891 his widow and family were there. I have quite a lot of info on the samuel and Thomas families. I will be happy to share.
THOMAS - Swansea/Llanelli. FORSE - Devon/Canada/USA. Toolan(various spellings) - Scotland/Lancashire. CUDMORE - Devon. MOGRIDGE - Devon. WALDRON - Devon. WARNER - England/Wales. WILLIAMS - Swansea.