Author Topic: Pilkington, Riverville, Co. Galway  (Read 8267 times)

Offline gendeam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pilkington, Riverville, Co. Galway
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 January 14 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your post.  I appreciate your interest.  I do not have the details of Reverend Michael Dillon Pilkington's burial, and it would be great if you could give me this information.  I have the details of the burial/headstone of his daughter Sarah  -  Sarah Dunbar Pilkington, daughter of the Reverend Michael Dillon Pilkington, late of Riverville, Co. Galway, and the loved and loving niece of George Dunbar of Woburn, county of Down, born Sept 21st 1825, died Oct 16th 1874.   But no burials for the rest of the family.

Offline Kearney58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 January 14 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gendeam,

Happy to share any information I have but would prefer to do so via e-mail as it is subject to final verification and I am reluctant to post publicly at this time. Please feel free to contact me at kearney58@eircom.net

Regards

Offline kaypilk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 04:03 GMT (UK) »
If you are in Australia, you can access the irishnewspaper database on-line for free with a readers card from the National Library of Australia.  It's not quite as user friendly as our wonderful Trove, but I've found lots of useful information for my Irish research.

Offline Kearney58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your helpful suggestion. Unfortunately, I am in Ireland but I have managed to access much information in the newspapers. A useful research site here is www.findmypast.ie which gives access to a variety of records worldwide. If you are still researching your Irish ancestors and have not used this site, it may be worth looking at.

Regards.