Author Topic: William Dent Esq  (Read 33657 times)

Offline JudieRawlin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Dent Esq
« Reply #27 on: Monday 11 February 13 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply, I will indeed try to send him a personal message and hope it works.

Hi Judie and welcome
Nick Dent has not been on rootschat for a couple of years.  If he has not changed email address he should get a notification of your reply.   If you post a couple more times you can use our personal message system to contact him by clicking on the "letter" icon under his user name - but again that depends on his email being the same.   Let us hope it is.

Offline JudieRawlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 11 February 13 19:38 GMT (UK) »
I don't think that any of these Dents are the same ones that I am researching - good luck piecing them together!

I have attached a pdf of the Dent family that I have researched. Because it is shrink-to-fit onto one A4 page, it may be easiest viewed electronically onscreen and magnified, rather than printed out.

This is my brother-in-law's family.

I share this in the hope that it may be of help to fellow researchers, but also in the hope that anyone can supplement what is shown here and even expand it.

Here's hoping!
Caspar

Offline Flass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 February 13 04:38 GMT (UK) »
Judie, I dropped you a private line but I am not sure that you have received it. 
Kind regards
Nick

Offline JudieRawlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 19 November 13 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the oil painting portrait of Mr William Dent of Wandsworth Common in his 82nd year July 1821, on canvas, signed and titled verso painted by James Ward?

It was auctioned in 1999 or 2000 by Wintertons/Bagshaws at Uttoxeter (Lot Lot 691 on 18 November 1999 & Lot 400 on 20 January 2000) but unfortunately Wintertons/Bagshaws have since destroyed their records and can provide no information. http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/oil-painting-james-ward,-mr-william-dent-of-400-c-qr24sujacz

I am particularly interested in a digital image of the painting and would appreciate any help or suggestions as to how to track down the painting and/or a digital picture of it.

Judie Rawlin

Offline Jeffrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information is Crown Copyright,
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 06 February 14 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judie,  :D
I think we have corresponded before on 'the Dents' but can not find any trace of it.

My 3x Gt Grandfather was John Dent b1780 Kings Meaburn & his wife was Mary Nicholson b1776 Asby (Daughter of Anthony).

I am interested to know more about your Dents and Wilkinsons with dates and Places. I have Wilkinsons in the Nicholson family and if you have more information I could maybe find out if they tie up too.

Judy  :D

CUMBERLAND  Armstrong Little Nixon Richardson Pearson Watson Braithwaite
WESTMORLAND  Richardson Dent Nicholson Hanson Kersey Smith Heigh
DURHAM Reed Smith Reay Hammond Metcalf Bell
Thompson Armstrong Branford Parkin Heaton Oates
NORTHUMB'LAND Nixon Johnson Armstrong Branford Thompson
DUMFRIES Armstrong Bell Halliday Little Carruthers Johnstone
YORKS Richardson Branford Siddle
ROXBURGH Jackson Elliot Armstrong Scott
FIFE Adamson Gosman Brown
AUSTRALIA Richardson Dent Hanson Kersey