Author Topic: Kearney Family Ballymoon  (Read 21259 times)

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Kearney Family Ballymoon
« on: Sunday 12 August 07 06:54 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the Kearney family of Ballymoon  Bagenalstown Carlow. The information I have is Patrick Kearney married Elizabeth ? he died in 1835 aged 48, she died 1861 aged 64. she is named in griffith's valuation. Their son Patrick married Pauline ? had 7 children
he died 1869  she died 1913 aged 76. I am looking for my grandmother, Clare O' Reilly who was with them at the time of the 1901 census, her relationship to head of house is given as cousin and as I am having no luck finding her family if  anyone could fill the gaps and help me find some more about them I would be most grateful.

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Kearney Family Ballymoon
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 August 07 17:34 BST (UK) »
births. JAMES KEARNEY 4-12-1867. BAGENALSTOWN,CARLOW, IRE. PARENTS PATRICK KEARNEY & PAULINA CUMMINS.

MALE KEARNEY 22-11-1868. JOHN KEARNEY 15-1 -1870. JOSEPH 23-10-1873. all the rest same as above.

can you give me any more info. on clare o' reilly.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 August 07 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi very little on clare o'reilly her father was william o'reilly on census forms she is born in meath  possibly navan. He is a land agent on one marriage certificate and a farmer on another, her age is 24 in 1901 census , the april before her first marriage to john wall of kilkenny, his second wife he was alot older and died in 1905. She married my grandfather in 1910 and on the census for 1911 she is 28.She died in 1960 age given 81, however a search in the records in lombard street showed on birth record also negative in records in roscommon office. A search was also made in co meath for church records but none were found. She had a sister Alice who was the witness  at both her marriages and later became a nun. I found the kearney connection by following the address on the marriage certificate with John Wall looking on the 1901 census for bagnelstown i reconised the hand writing she could read and write and appears to have had a large marriage settlement. She says she is a cousin to Patrick Kearney aged 35  head of the household and son of pauline so maybe her mother was a kearney or a cummins? any ideas on finding out   Thank you

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 August 07 00:11 BST (UK) »
cosmo, i think this is them, now the josephine i think is clare, she may have been josephine clare but was called clare by her parents plus the time scale fits.

ALICE REILLY B. 9-4-1869. JOSEPHINE REILLY B.2-4-1871. JAMES JOSEPH B. 11-5-1875.
ALL BORN CASTLETOWN,MEATH, IRE.

PARENTS. WILLIAM REILLY & CLARE CUMMINS. all from civil reg.

REGARDS MARY.
doolin?
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 August 07 06:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

Thank you so much I have been looking for this for so long and just on an off chance tried rootschat -- with all else failing I did not believe she would ever be found. Have you any clue as to where Clare Cummins was from? again  THANK YOU.

Cosmo

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 August 07 21:16 BST (UK) »
mary,
I've been on cloud nine all day, such  joy at finding Clare! How did you do it so late on a sunday night?  still cannot believe it ! Have you a connection to the Cummins Family or the Kearneys ?
 again a million thanks.
 cosmo

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 17:54 BST (UK) »
cosmo, no i'am not related,just like helping people find their ancestors.can't find anything more on clare cummins. if you find anything on clare get back to me and we'll have another try.

regards mary.
doolin?
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline cosmo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 August 07 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary
  The only other information I have is from Pauline Kearney  on the 1901 and 1911 census forms she states  Co, Carlow as her place of birth. I will have to try for a marriage certificate for either Pauline or Clare to find out where. Pauline died in 1913 and left her possisions to her son Rev John Kearney " Including my marriage settlement of £1000.00," so even if this was the eldest child's settlement they were not poor.  When I find more I will let you know.
 Thanks again      Cosmo

Offline pmk

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 November 09 11:59 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was Gerald Aloysius Kearney, whose parents were Patrick and Paulina Kearney of Ballymoon, Muine Bheag. Gerald was one of 6 sons, including Fr John Kearney. As I understand it, one of the sons remained at Ballymoon. Four of the sons went to Australia. One of the them was a priest, two were doctors and one 'made and lost several fortunes' on the goldfields of Western Australia. He was a publican at the time of his death. My understanding is that only one of the sons, Gerald, had children. I would be delighted if anyone knows that any of the others also had children. I have more information at the bottom of a drawer somewhere if anyone is interested.