Author Topic: Kathleen Emily Singleton Driscoll  (Read 3111 times)

Offline judy purssell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kathleen Emily Singleton Driscoll
« on: Monday 27 October 14 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Looking for birth records of my mother.  Grandfather was sent up to Scotland during WW1 and my mother was born on 20.8.1916.  Not sure where, but Dumfries or Carlisle possible.

judyp

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kathleen Emily Singleton Driscoll
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 October 14 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately Scotlands people statutory records available for viewing only goes up to 1913 so you would need to order her birth certificate  :)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 October 14 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi judyp and Rosie

Struggling to see a Scottish birth with the name of your mother  :-\

Judy, www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is the official pay to view site for Scottish records. It is free to register on the site and you can search to see if there are any results on BMDs or census images for example. You 'only' need to purchase units/credits to view search results and if relevant, download an image online.

Tried searching using the '*' wildcard for spelling variations. So searched for *ath* (either C/K for start of your mother's name) and then Drisc* for surname, years 1914-18. No entries showing unfortunately. Nor if I include or search only for middle name of Emiley (as Em*).

Your grandparents were married? A point to consider when searching for birth entries...

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 October 14 23:40 GMT (UK) »
OK, just seen your mum's death index entry in 2003. She lived a long life didn't she   :)

Driscoll was your mum's married name? If so, have you been able to confirm her maiden name?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 October 14 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hiya -There is a Kathleen Emily Bain born in 1916 at Leith (City of Edinburgh) Midlothian. Maybe worth checking her out?
Looby :)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 08:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi judyp and Rosie

Struggling to see a Scottish birth with the name of your mother  :-\

Judy, www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is the official pay to view site for Scottish records. It is free to register on the site and you can search to see if there are any results on BMDs or census images for example. You 'only' need to purchase units/credits to view search results and if relevant, download an image online.

Tried searching using the '*' wildcard for spelling variations. So searched for *ath* (either C/K for start of your mother's name) and then Drisc* for surname, years 1914-18. No entries showing unfortunately. Nor if I include or search only for middle name of Emiley (as Em*).

Your grandparents were married? A point to consider when searching for birth entries...

Monica  :)
Like you Monica I could not find a birth  ??? when I did a search for Driscoll no first name in 1916 1 match came up

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Rosie,
I think Driscoll may be the married name of the lady Kathleen Emily Singleton .........
We are still waiting on Judy confirming this.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Rosie,
I think Driscoll may be the married name of the lady Kathleen Emily Singleton .........
We are still waiting on Judy confirming this.
Thanks Looby just seen the death registration  ???

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 13:34 GMT (UK) »

::)

Judy, what was your mother's maiden surname? You will not get anywhere further until you know this.

There is a birth of a Kathleen E S Smith registered in the 4th quarter of 1916 (right year, wrong quarter) in West Ham, mother's maiden surname Reed. Also a Kathleen E S Thomas, birth registered in the 3rd quarter of 1915 (right quarter, wrong year) in Devonport, mother's maiden surname Summers.

There is a marriage of Kathleen E S Morgan to David Driscoll in Lewisham in 1938, 3rd quarter. 

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.