Author Topic: FTDNA webinars  (Read 731 times)

Offline DevonCruwys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
FTDNA webinars
« on: Monday 06 January 14 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Family Tree DNA have started to offer webinars to explain various aspects of DNA testing. The schedule for January is now available:

http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/family-tree-dna-january-webinar-schedule.html
Researching: Ayshford, Berryman, Bodger, Boundy, Cruse, Cruwys, Dillon, Faithfull, Kennett, Keynes, Ratty, Tidbury, Trask, Westcott, Wiggins, Woolfenden.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA webinars
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 January 14 19:49 GMT (UK) »
I had a look in at the webinar today (9/1/2014)

First you have to log in. Provide name, country (and state in U.S.A) email address and whether you have tested with ftDNA or another company. You then download the citrix software that allows you watch and listen to the webinar.

The webinar is a powerpoint presentation with the ability to ask questions as the speaker goes along. These may be answered in the webinar or at the end as appropriate.

The webinar’s can be quite long. Today’s was estimated at one hour but lasted one hour 35 minutes.

Presently there is no dedicated page for the webinars but they are working on it and it should come shortly. In the meantime the recorded webinars are on their facebook page. They did mention a site that has lots of webinars on genealogy and when I get the email they send to people who have listened to the webinar I should be able to post it. The new webpage when up will give details of future webinars

As all the webinars are being recorded and can be quite long I would recommend watching a recorded version so you can fast forward through it (assuming that option is available) but of course that will mean you cannot ask questions. They intend webinars to remain available for at least a month.

Finally thank you to DevonCruwys for giving the details of the webinars
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline DevonCruwys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA webinars
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 January 14 01:46 GMT (UK) »
I'm glad to be of help. The genealogy webinars are probably the ones organised by Legacy. Here's the link:

http://www.familytreewebinars.com/

There's also a blog that publicises all genealogy webinars:

http://blog.geneawebinars.com/

Researching: Ayshford, Berryman, Bodger, Boundy, Cruse, Cruwys, Dillon, Faithfull, Kennett, Keynes, Ratty, Tidbury, Trask, Westcott, Wiggins, Woolfenden.