Author Topic: Sheffield Marriage - John Ramskar/Charlotte Smith  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Goughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Sheffield Marriage - John Ramskar/Charlotte Smith
« on: Saturday 06 September 14 11:39 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help with the marriage of John Ramskar (variants: Ramsker, Ramscar, Ramscarr) with Charlotte Smith, please.   The marriage was possibly in the Sheffield area. 

I know Charlotte's maiden name from the birth certificate of their youngest daughter Emma born in 1839. 

I have full information relating to John and Charlotte and their family,  but it is their marriage that has eluded me for many years.  According to census records Charlotte was born in Hull.

Their eldest child, Elizabeth Harriet was baptised in Sheffield Cathedral 27 January 1822.  I'm guessing John and Charlotte married around 1821.

Many thanks

Goughy
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Interests:  Johnson/Knight/Talbot (Caunton/Maplebeck); Camm/Ramskar (Sheffield); Sarginson/King/Fletcher/Lowther (Howden); Silversides/Tomlinson (Riccall); Atkinson (Selby)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Sheffield Marriage - John Ramskar/Charlotte Smith
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are no other children baptisms of siblings between entries of Elizabeth Harriet bapt 27 Jan 1821 and Emma 1839 of John and Charlotte Ramskar in the Parish register of Sheffield (St Peter).

As John is in various trade directories in the centre of Sheffield as Whitesmith/Bellhanger of most of his life,
 and I suspect there are no other children baptised to this couple in other parishes in the area.
-------------
(See photo below)

Page 403 Entry 1207 Sheffield Parish (St Peter)

Marriage

John Ramskar, Bachelor of this parish

and

Charlotte Smith, Spinster of this parish

Married by banns -Vicar Thomas Sutter (Suttel-?)

24 day of December 1820

John Ramskar signed his own name

Charlotte Smith left her mark-X

Witnesses William Owen and Joseph Hindson

-----------------------------------------

Take a copy of this photo then tell me when you have it and then I will remove the photo in 3 days from the post.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Goughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
COMPLETED Sheffield Marriage - John Ramskar/Charlotte Smith
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 21:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for this, greatly appreciated.  I have sent you a PM.

Interests:  Johnson/Knight/Talbot (Caunton/Maplebeck); Camm/Ramskar (Sheffield); Sarginson/King/Fletcher/Lowther (Howden); Silversides/Tomlinson (Riccall); Atkinson (Selby)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED Sheffield Marriage - John Ramskar/Charlotte Smith
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 23:00 BST (UK) »
I'll leave the photo till ' Sandra the moderator' tidies up, removes the photo and put the thread on the completed board.

Dobby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Goughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sheffield Marriage - John Ramskar/Charlotte Smith
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 23:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks/  You're a treasure  :)

S