Author Topic: James & Anne Kelly Ardnehue(Johnstown) sons Michael, John and James W  (Read 19338 times)

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James & Anne Kelly Ardnehue(Johnstown) sons Michael, John and James W
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 June 13 15:30 BST (UK) »
I live in the UK so hence my visits to Dublins archives and Library are rare, but that maybe just as well, or I'd get no work done.

I was fascinated to read about Eric Douglas Doyle MC died in 1917. He was such a hero and how tragic that he died so young. Thank you so much for that, I loved it . I will take a trip to the Imperial War Museum and look him up.

I have attached a link for a photo from the Delaney archive Flickr pages, for James J.Nolan a surgeon probationer on Board HMS Candytuft, which I thought you'd like to see.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delanyarchive/7176372457/in/set-72157629784522282.

There were some great photos of Dr. Nolan, his dad, also on Flickr until recently, with a very early Armstrong Sidley car, but they have vanished, so if they re-appear I will send you the link.

Best Regards

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 June 13 15:32 BST (UK) »
Also the Nolan family grave, shown on the Nolan families web site.

http://nolanfamilies.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=35&pid=521#top_display_media

Offline History Fossicker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 June 13 21:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all that information.  The Nolan lady may have been related on the Kelly side.  I think I may have followed that connection up, but not taken notes.  I will return to it and see what I turn up.  She is not Doyle, to my knowledge.  I think I have tracked down most of that family.  That is interesting that Paul may have had a family.  I will know all when I get what I hope is a copy of his death cert., as the Australian ones are very informative and give details of children, if any. 

Cannot attach anything this evening, as the files are the wrong type.  I will see what can be done.
Glad this is proving so fruitful, apart from file transfer!!!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 June 13 09:08 BST (UK) »
I tried to convert my transcription of the notes on Michael's funeral to a doc. suitable for attachment. You can let me know if you get it . 

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 June 13 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you so much, that's really great to have.

I have a photo of the family headstone in Bennekerry from the 1950's when it was still legible that I will dig out and send to you.

Mum and Dad were dating about a year at the time when his father died, he was just 19 and heartbroken at the loss. It's also sad to see their was no mention of Michael's brothers in the notice, so I wonder if they had also passed?

I hadn't realised Michael was still known as 'Michael Kelly', I thought he had also used the name O'Kelly, as his wife, Muriel and all the children had the surname 'O'Kelly'.

Mum tells me 'Fr. M. Kelly S.J.' shown here was a Jesuit priest based in Gardner street in Dublin and Michael's first cousin.

'Mrs. Keane', was we think, 'Babs Keane' who was my father's favourite relation and apparently according to my Mum, a lovely warm lady. I don't however, know 'Bab's' relationship to the family. I know when she died she had a relation (nephew) we think, who worked in Arnotts in Grafton street.

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 June 13 10:26 BST (UK) »
Btw, Mum thinks Paul had one child when he returned to Dublin.

John seemed to be still alive by the mid to late 50's when Anne (now probably Annette) went to the states to nurse.

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 21 June 13 10:43 BST (UK) »
Notes on the death Notice.

Notes on other attendees;

E J O'Kelly, who was in attendance at the funeral was Michael's brother in law.
He was the owner of a Public house in Baltinglass, which is still there to this day, now called Germaine's and owned by the same family.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 28 June 13 12:13 BST (UK) »
A copy of Paul's death cert. has arrived.  He had married but had no children - possibly an after effect of the mumps.
His date of death was 24th September 1967 and he was aged 81.

He had worked as a chemist/pharmacist, which tied in with his military papers, which stated that he had trained as a chemist with McHugh's pharmacy in Athy.

Hope that is of interest.

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 28 June 13 14:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks, appreciate that.

Yes, that makes sense, in accordance with the WWI military records, his occupation and considering the type of Mumps he had as per his Medical notes.

Was he still in the Victoria area of NSW when he died or does it give a location on the death cert.
I would love to see a copy of the cert if you get a chance.