Author Topic: Place in Anaughloan/Annaclone  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Place in Anaughloan/Annaclone
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 19:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Fadge and aghadowey and heywood, Jen and all before  :)

In between all my moving house adventures and Mr Gadget having an emergency dental 'event', I've been looking/thinking/cogitating  about this wee clan. I've found  an old map and have poured over it but can't find anything so far.

Being Welsh/Scottish, I'm used to funny spellings and will accept these Wattersons as the family who married into my Spaldings/Spadies.

Still not found anything else so far. How does one obtain the wills that I've listed above?

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 22:12 BST (UK) »
The will of an Andrew Watterson of Ballynafoy dated 1795. (who could be the brother mentioned in William's will)
Another Andrew of Ballynafoy probated 1833, executor was a Mary Watterson of Loughbrickland.
John Watterson of Ballynafoy probated 1730,
Richard Watterson of Ballynafoy, probated 1733.
William Watterson of Annaclone, probated 1834. Executor - Mary Shepherd of Ballynafoy.

Bad news, I'm afraid for pre-1858 Wills.

What pre-1858 testamentary papers for Northern Ireland are available in PRONI?
Unfortunately, almost all pre-1858 original wills and grants of letters of administration (as well as the administration bonds) were lost when the Public Record Office of Ireland was destroyed in 1922. ...
http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/search_the_archives/proninames/about_pre1858_wills.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 21 August 14 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

Thanks for the latest info. I've checked the link to Proni records that you sent  and find that Andrew's 1795 will does exist - Ref - T/283/B p.155 .

He also seems to appear in the Freeholders records.

I  know little about Irish records so would love some help finding anything more  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline jjf83

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I happen to be from Annaclone (also spelled Eannach Cluain) in Gaelic. The townland in the excerpt is BALLYNAFOY. It is spelt correctly in the document. Ballynafoy is Gaelic for 'townland of the marsh' and lies close to the village Loughbrickland, Co. Down. Coming from the area I don't know of any Wattersons left in the area. I hope this helps.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome  :)

Thank you for the information.

You've reminded me that I must check the more recent online info as a lot of new records have appeared since I first asked about the family over 3 years ago.

Gadget