Author Topic: Family of William O'Kelly & Ann Germaine, Baltinglass  (Read 29008 times)

Offline Tissy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family of William O'Kelly & Ann Germaine, Baltinglass
« Reply #36 on: Friday 05 April 13 00:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros & Peter,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you, I was trying to remember how I knew your name. I finally cracked it last night, we met last year in Bega. I"ll send you an email direct shortly.

Regards,
Tissy

Offline josearcadio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 11 April 13 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just a note for those looking for details for 'Edward Peter O'Kelly's family' in the 1901 Census.

Unfortunately, the record has been entered with the surname 'Edward Peter' and forename O'Kelly.

The family are registered in House #3, Baltinglass East Town and the occupants are;
EP O'Kelly, 54
Judith O'Kelly, 39
Eileen O'Kelly, 17
Teresa O'Kelly, 10
Muriel O'Kelly, 7
Agnes O'Kelly, 6
Patrick O'Kelly, 5
Ethel O'Kelly, 1
& non family member
Clare Martin, 17

Hope that helps

Offline maildok

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 30 June 13 11:09 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I am David O'Kelly, my father is * O'Kelly (81) From Baltinglass. His father and mother were Edward John O'Kelly & Katharine (O'Toole) O'Kelly and his father was EP O'Kelly. We have many pics and memorabilia for EP including the silver trowel that laid the foundation stone to the McAllister/Dwyer monument in Baltinglass and the silverware that he was presented with on his release from Kilmainham for his part in the land league struggle with Parnell and his associates.

It so happens that we are organizing an EP O'Kelly Clan Gathering in Baltinglass in July of 2014.

I am in the process of setting up a Facebook event to keep all informed and reach out to all interested parties in Australia etc..

All the Best

David

Moderator Note : Details of living person removed as per RootsChat privacy policy

Offline Peter Roslyn Dunning

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Dear Newtownbarry
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us.
I hope you get this, as I am unable to reply to your post to us.
We would greatly appreciate any information on the family.
If we can give you any information of the Oz side, let us know. We do not have a lot but you are more than welcome to what we have.
We will be attending the Gathering in July in Ireland.
Best Wishes
Peter & Roslyn Dunning

Offline newtownbarry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edward Peter ("EP") O'Kelly (1847 - 1914) - photograph
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Photograph of EP O'Kelly (1847 - 1914)

Offline Phildude

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 12 April 14 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hi hope im on the right board,im new to this. Im looking for information on my 3rd great grandfather James Dunne from Baltinglass Wicklow born c1815.He moved to Dublin around the 1830s 40s i think. His daughter was Catherine Dunne born c1838,married Thomas Tyrrell 1859 in St Pauls Arran quay.They were neighbours on Hammond lane. Thanks.

Offline Weanie

• RootsChat Extra
  • T.J. Kelly Bega Au 1844 1918
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 12 April 14 16:44 BST (UK) »
My Gt Grandfather was also T.J. Kelly, and my grandfather was Edward Germaine Kelly, who married Madeline O'Hare, my father their son, was T.J. Kelly also, we grew up on a dairy farm in Fyshwick Canberra. Don't know how far back you have been able to go, but Anne and William were from Baltinglass then his father we believe was Patrick, if you have any additional information, we would appreciate it.   Thanks Jeanie Madelene Brandeberry née Kelly.
uote author=Peter  Roslyn Dunning link=topic=581316.msg4889712#msg4889712 date=1364944555]
Hello
We found you on Google, but boy what a hassle to finally post.
My husbands Gt. Grandfather was T.J. Kelly from Bega. We have been trying to do some research on this side of the family. His Mother was a Kelly, her Mother was Lavinia Lewis and her Father was Daniel Kelly, who was the son of T.J. Kelly and Sarah Gowing. We went to Ireland last May (2012) & stayed at the Germaine's Hotel, which in past years used to be a store that a Kelly owned. We unfortunately were only there one night, so didn't get to meet any Kelly's, but we did make contact with Joe Germaine, who owned the hotel, and is related through the Germaine side of the family.
Look forward to hearing from other descendants of this line.
Best Wishes
Peter & Ros
[/quote]
Hi hope im on the right board,im new to this. Im looking for information on my 3rd great grandfather James Dunne from Baltinglass Wicklow born c1815.He moved to Dublin around the 1830s 40s i think. His daughter was Catherine Dunne born c1838,married Thomas Tyrrell 1859 in St Pauls Arran quay.They were neighbours on Hammond lane. Thanks.