Author Topic: Robinson Family  (Read 6610 times)

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Robinson Family
« on: Thursday 01 September 05 20:13 BST (UK) »
I cannot find out any info on Rebecca ROBINSON's parents and siblings.  Rebecca (likely born circa 1840?) married James DUNLOP of Fardross, Fivemiletown, Co Tryrone. They had issue  (all Dunlop) Margaret  (circa 1869), Annie, John, William Henry (1879), Mary Jane, James Joseph, Samuel and Robert.
Any help with the Robinson family would be appreciated.

CARNALL of Derbyshire & Leicester; WARD & ADAMS of Buckinghamshire; MELLOR of Leicester; DUNLOP, ROBINSON, McCOY of Northern Ireland; PRATT, CHAMBERS, VANES and CARNAHAN of Ireland...and New Zealand.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 September 06 11:01 BST (UK) »
Hiya joker,

Have you looked at Griffiths Valuations of Ireland 1848-64 The Tyrone Valuation took place in 1851.

Christopher

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 September 06 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher: No I havent tried the Griffiths Valuation...for Rebecca Robinson. Hopefully I can do that online? Thanks for this suggestion

Brenda
CARNALL of Derbyshire & Leicester; WARD & ADAMS of Buckinghamshire; MELLOR of Leicester; DUNLOP, ROBINSON, McCOY of Northern Ireland; PRATT, CHAMBERS, VANES and CARNAHAN of Ireland...and New Zealand.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 October 08 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Going through older posts and came across this one. By now you might have been able to find more information but if you haven't done so the following might be of interest.

Griffith's Valuation was not a census and only the head of the house hold will be listed. See here to search Griffith's Valuation (by name or place):
http://griffiths.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_family_search_form.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 November 08 01:42 GMT (UK) »
I cannot find out any info on Rebecca ROBINSON's parents and siblings.  Rebecca (likely born circa 1840?) married James DUNLOP of Fardross, Fivemiletown, Co Tryrone. They had issue  (all Dunlop) Margaret  (circa 1869), Annie, John, William Henry (1879), Mary Jane, James Joseph, Samuel and Robert.
Any help with the Robinson family would be appreciated.

Hello joker,

The link below is for an extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837 which is on the From Ireland website of Dr Jane Lyons of Dublin. The article mentions the Established Church and the final paragraph refers to the locations of the Presbyterian Church and Roman Catholic Church in the area. 
www.from-ireland.net/lewis/t/clogher.htm

You'll have to rely on Church records when searching for more details relating to Rebecca's parents as they were born prior to the introduction of Civil Registration in Ireland which started in 1864. Marriages of Non Catholic were registered from 1845 onwards.

Christopher

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Robinson family
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 January 11 03:50 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the family of REBECCA ROBINSON, who married James Dunlop (Delap?).  They lived in Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone,  where their first child was born circa 1869.  Any help with this family?  Thank you.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson family
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 January 11 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   A parent search on the IGI, part of www.familysearch.org, using James DUNLOP and Rebecca Robinson as parents gives three children born in Fivemiletown, Margaret 3 Oct 1869, Ann 21 Jun1872 amd Mary Jane 16 Mar 1877. However I cannot find a marriage or any further information on Rebecca.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 January 11 10:45 GMT (UK) »
LDS Pilot site has the marriage-
James Dunlop, son of John Dunlop, married 26 Nov.1868 Mulhfed Co. Fermanagh to Rebecca Robertson, daughter of Hy Robertson.
(Robertson and Robinson are the same surname in Ulster but I just searched for Rebecca without surname)-
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home

There's also 2 other sons-
John born  2 Nov.1874 Ireland
William Henry born 14 Dec.1879 Fivemiletown
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 January 11 17:15 GMT (UK) »
to Kingskerswell & Aghadowey......you have made my day!!!  This is my family!  I already had these same dates for all the children. However, I did NOT have the date of James and Rebecca's wedding, nor her father's name.   This is wonderful!   Thank you both so much for your input.....hopefully I can now find her mother and siblings as well.  Thank you so much.