Author Topic: More information on George Haydon Married Mary Ward 16 Sept 1713 Crediton, Devon  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Haydon is my 7th Great Grandfather and I am looking to find more information on who his parents were, and if they came from Crediton, Devon.

George Haydon I don't have his birth date or place of birth, would like to know if he had any siblngs and would like to know if he had children with Mary Ward and if she was his only Wife, or had he been married before.

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Elizlloyd
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
According to the IGI, children baptised to George & Mary at Crediton:
22 Sep 1715 John HEYDON
22 Nov 1719 Ruth HEYDON
You need to search Crediton burials to determine if an age was quoted for George's death.
You should be able to order burials from the LDS Family History Centres. FHL BRITISH Film
Also see http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/Crediton/index.html
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hi DOB7

I see that George's surname changed from Haydon to Heydon will he still be connected to the Haydon line .... and has it been transcribed wrong..  and will look for his death date on familysearch.org which seems a really good site for Crediton, Devon.

Thanks

Elizlloyd
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Most people at that time could not read or write, so the name would have been written as the person recording it heard it. George probably wouldn't have known how to spell his own name. Standardisation of spelling did not occur until the late 19th century, and even today, spelling depends on the person writing it down. My own name can be spelled 4 different ways.

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Thanks DOB7

For clarifying that, i have just done a subscription to findmypast with the hope of working further back on Haydon family as I have spent time writing up family tree and I m missing some Haydon family ancestors from 1650 to 1700 so would like to find them and how they link up to the ones I have.  I will also look for them on Familysearch.org. 

Looking at Gideon Haydon married to Margaret Davy I see they had 10 children birth years ranging from 1603 to 1616, so im guessing they must have had children and these descendants which im now searching for must connect up with Robert Haydon married to Hannah Keene 13 August 1654 I have one child for Robert and Hannah a Samuel Haydon married Mary Hammond 26 Jan 1661 I dont know if they had any other children

Samuel Haydon and Mary Hammond had children (1) Noah Haydon 5 Nov 1690 married Ann (surname unknown) (2) Nathaniel Haydon Married Mary Stephens. 1 Dec 1700. 

Would appreciate any help from you if you can help in filling in the gaps..

Thanks

Elizlloyd

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
At the moment FindMyPast does not have Crediton PRs before 1754 (marriages) or before 1813 (baptisms and burials). http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/Crediton/index.html gives information regarding availability of records under the heading Church Records. FamilySearch/IGI has transcriptions taken from transcriptions.

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hi DOB7

Thanks for this information.  will note it down and add to manual file that I'm compiling on the Haydon family.

Thanks

Elizlloyd