Author Topic: Henry Joseph Masters  (Read 2087 times)

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Joseph Masters
« on: Tuesday 06 May 14 02:44 BST (UK) »
 Henry was my great great grandad,he was born in Chatham in 1820,he died in 1886 in Hackney,London. I have been trying to find where he is buried for a long time ,without success.I have tried cemeteries in London,nothing,I thought ,maybe because he came from Kent he could be buried there.In 1850 he was living in Maidstone,he and his wife had a boy with the same name,the baby died so he would have been buried in Maidstone.That made me wonder if Henry is also buried there.Can anyone help?
  I've also been looking for one of his daughters,my great gran.She was Catherine Sarah Bunch nee Masters.She died in 1947 in Ashford aged 91 where she had been living with one of her sons. Her son had a boy who died aged 10 in 1928 that made me think that maybe she was buried with him,her granson or she could have been cremated and her ashes scattered on her grandson's grave.(The grandson was Bernard Bunch) any help most appreciated.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Joseph Masters
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 11:35 BST (UK) »
There is a tree with his wife Louisa buried Old Cemetery Southampton also a daughter Eleanor Mary Masters..died 1887 Southampton Catherine's husband Benjamin Bunch is also buried there 1887

Offline tina morana

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 11:56 BST (UK) »
Lovely photo in Anc of Catherine Sarah Masters. Is this yours?
Henry J & Louisa are in Nottingham in 1861
Cheers
Cornthwaite, Morana, Pearce, Gaffney, Hazlehurst, Milburn
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
or  "All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 13:29 BST (UK) »
 Many thanks for your interest in my ancestors,the photo of Catherine referred to is on my tree on Ancestry. Catherine's husband,Benjamin is buried in The Old Cemetery in Southampton together with a sister in law,Eleanor and his mother in law Louisa Masters,nee Kennett.Also in the same cemetery is Benjamin's father,also Benjamin,he died in 1857 and a sister Mary who died 1856 aged 3.
  It's Henry and Catherine whose graves I can't find.Henry had lived in London,in Camden before he went to live in Hackney/Stoke Newington, where he was manager of a coal yard. I've looked in many places and tried all the sites for burials without success.
  Catherine,lived in Southampton for a long time,she then went to live with her son Harold in Kennington,Ashford.I don't know exactly when she went to live there as there are no census after 1911.Harold had a shop,a drapers,his youngest son Bernard,died in 1928 aged 10,could Catherine be buried with her grandson?
  I tried contacting Ashford council but they aren't very co-operative with their records. So ideas please.

Offline grouse

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 15:04 BST (UK) »
If the family lived in Kennington, Ashford then there is a good possibility that they were buried in Bybrook cemetery. Maybe the council might be a bit more helpful if you direct them towards these records.

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 18:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks I'll try that for Catherine,is it also a crematorium as well.The family might have had her cremated as many folk do these days?

Offline grouse

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 18:40 BST (UK) »
I may be wrong but I don't think it has ever been a crematorium. The nearest one would be at Charing

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 July 14 23:10 BST (UK) »
At last mystery solved for Catherine,she was buried in Kenninton at Ball Lane Cemetery on the 6 Dec 1947.
  Still haven't found her father Henry,working on that!

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 August 14 20:14 BST (UK) »
 I hope someone can help.I found where my great gran,Catherine Sarah Bunch,nee Masters,is buried but I still haven't had any luck finding her father Henry Joseph Masters.I have found that Henry's first born son,with the same name who died in 1851 as an infant,is buried in the churchyard of St Mary's Church in Maidstone,Kent.I think that it's possible that Henry,the father,is also buried in that graveyard but,in spite of,contacting the church 3 times,I have had no answer from them.
  Please can someone help.Many thanks