Author Topic: William and Catherine Farrell, Clane Kildare early 1800s  (Read 3922 times)

Offline LizW29

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William and Catherine Farrell, Clane Kildare early 1800s
« on: Thursday 09 August 12 04:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm a new poster trying to find any information on a William and Catherine Farrell from Clane, Kildare married 1810s to 1820s and died some time before 1841. They had at least two children, Mary Farrell born around 1825 and Michael Farrell born 1823 who migrated to Australia (New South Wales) on the 'Hope' in 1841 (arrived in Australia 29 January 1842) as assisted immigrants. Mary Farrell was described as a farm servant and able to read, Michael Farrell was an ag labourer and illiterate. They were both sponsored by a Mr John Miller, who appears to have paid the passage for quite a few Irish immigrants on the voyage.

I've found a William Farrell listed in 1839 as a landowner for Kilmurray, Clane and a marriage record for William Farrell to a Catherine in 1812 in Kildare, but not sure whether this is the right one or not. There doesn't seem to be any death record for either that fits (that I can find!).

Any information on either William and Catherine or their children would be greatly appreciated!
Liz W
Australia

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: William and Catherine Farrell, Clane Kildare early 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 12 09:34 BST (UK) »
Do you have your Catherine's maiden name to confirm possible connections - maybe from the marriage record for of one of the children?

You didn't mention a denomination for you Farrell family, but if they were RC then your dates are a little early for parish records. Registers for Clane only go back to 1821.

RC registers rarely include records of death/burial.

Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Robyn M

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William and Catherine Farrell Clane, Kildare
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 July 14 10:06 BST (UK) »
My GG Grandmother was Mary Farrell. She was a Bounty Immigrant who came to Australia in 1842 on the "Hope".Her brother Michael also came out with her.  John Miller paid for her to come out. I have more information on Mary and her marriage to Simeon Jennings. She died in Braidwood NSW.
I am seeking information on her parents who were from Clane, Kildare.
Robyn M
Aust