Author Topic: Frances Hepworth - born 1821  (Read 4350 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Hepworth - born 1821
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 May 14 08:07 BST (UK) »
The surnames are probably very common in the area, gaffy.

It looks as though juneandalansugden has been online, so hopefully will come back with a comment or two re the Hepworths of Batley/Ireland.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joanba

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 May 15 23:39 BST (UK) »
I am very interested in this thread. I am a descendant of John and Margaret Hepworth of Batley mentioned here.   Margaret was born in Ireland, although John was from a Batley family.   I know of only 3 chn, all born in Ireland.   Hannah b.c. 1813, married William Sheard in Batley, Samuel my gggf (long story) b.c. 1816 and Joseph b.c. 1824 ( have not been able to trace him after 1841 but he may have emigrated to US). Because of the ages of John and Margaret I suspected that they may have had other chn born in either/or Ireland and England.   The marriage of Frances Hepworth ad Francis Hinchliffe is of interest because (1) Frances born in right place, right time (Hepworth a rare name in Ireland); (2) father named John, occupation clothier (3) name Frances, John's mother was Frances, not a particularly common name.   The Hepworths appear to have returned to England between 1825 and 1835.  No apparent close connection to either the Stubleys or the Akeroyds, but I will pursue this. 

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 May 15 02:23 BST (UK) »

Offline Joanba

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 May 15 05:05 BST (UK) »
Wow - Thank you for that info which I have been looking for for some 30 years.   While it looks like my Samuel (b.c. 1816) and Frances were not baptized  I am delighted to have the births/baptisms of Hannah and Joseph.  I have also tentatively grabbed the birth/death of an infant John in 1821 as no other Hepworth family seemed to have been having chn in Dublin at the time.  I would have had no way of knowing about Frances as she was married by the time of the 1841 census so would have had no record in England. I have traced the Hepworth family back to 1750 in Batley when I hit another brick wall but happy to share any info I have. Particularly like to hear from the Hinchliffe descendants who would be my 3rd cousins.  Joan