Author Topic: Layden family from Dumfries originally from Leitem/Sligo  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Kaggs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Layden family from Dumfries originally from Leitem/Sligo
« on: Wednesday 12 February 14 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading all your tips. I have lots of information on my Family the Laydens spelt many ways originally from Leitem Francis my GGgrandfather and Winifred Curran came over around 1846 with their daughter Mary.  Travelled with many other Catholic families who all settled around the Maxwelltown part of Dumfries worked on farm's and later on in life as a  railway surfaceman. I have recently found he had an older sister called Ann who married a Michael Goldie. They lived in Maxwelltown too. On Ann's death cert it has father Francis and mother Ann Ward. Her brother Francis death cert has father also Francis but his mother was Mary Hart. All very confusing, maybe first wife died. Any help would be appreciated. If I can pass any information and pictures conecting with my family only to pleased to share info.   I work in a library in dumfries so willing to help  any way I can. Karen