Author Topic: George cooper  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George cooper
« on: Friday 15 August 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)
Hi my grandfathers brother was George henry ernest  cooper born 1896 markfield father joseph cooper mother mary ellen cooper <massey>.George married a Hannah .m Tonks around 1921 which came under barrow upon soar, please  can anyone  find this marriage for me please
many thanks
Danone

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
Re: George cooper
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 August 14 21:15 BST (UK) »
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 August 14 23:08 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)
Hi jool
thank you so much for that .can  i ask another favour please yesterday i spoke to mums cousion about hannah that married my grand fathers brother  George ..she had a look on her tablet at the 1901 census she came up with  hannah .M. tonks  abt 1891 parents  tom and  emma  tonks  leicestershire  i did find them when i started looking for them and i thought she belonged to the tonks family coming from wallsall but mum cousin .thinks this is her with them is this the right family   as i was given a file on the tonks family they were into gold and silver jewelrey and old flint lock guns  and a clock tower in a town  some were i think one was a doctor or some thing ...
thanks
Danone

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 August 14 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, as soon as you mentioned Walsall and a clock tower nearby I thought of Willenhall clock tower. (I live in the area and used to work in Willenhall)  A bit of googling revealed that it was erected in memory of Dr. Joseph Tonks (1855-1891).

http://www.pmsa.org.uk/pmsa-database/6115/
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 August 14 00:11 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi jool
anaother freind looked at the same thing for me  i founf it in my folder thiswhent back to 2012  george cooper born 1897 markfield leicestershire  father joseph cooper mand mother  mary ellen cooper the green markfield  with the family then he looked for the marraige  which he found .then he looked at the tonks family and whent  back  three genearations .
1851  census  -property  at  catherines  cross, walsall
joseph  <age  36> a gun  lock filer /maria  age <34> /joseph  <12. /william  <12./ Richard <,3>/sarah
born in  1851>
1871 census-property at new street  walsall west midlands.
richard  <24> a gun  lock filer /Elizabeth  <27> /<john  ,7>/george  <3>/mary<1>
1911 census  property  at cropston  road  Ansty  leicestershire
George  ,42> a general  lab .Elizabeth <40> a shoe  machinist/joseph richrd <15> a shoe  clicker/Hannah  maria <13> a shoe  machinist/ george  born  twycross all the others  in Ansty.
Danone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 August 14 00:25 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)yes that is what was sent to me and more  in the file ,have just sent some more to you on the family what some one else found out  so it does look like the tonks family from there was right  he goes to say the gun  lock filer  link is right  so i wonder if her parents were part of this family  and did come from there .
Danone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 August 14 00:43 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi jool on the census list Hannah maria age 13  a shoe machinist .so she was from the tonks from walsall wow what a find .the front page william tonks and sons was tiffney and co  william tonks and sons also  townend & co ltdim looking at metal work  with a sun shape on it .the trade mark  was WT&S WITH   STYLISED  SUN WILLENHALL CLOCK TOWER IS THE RIGHT ONE  .WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW NOW IS WERE DID OUR GEORGE meet Hannah & george and hannah had dororthy  cooper their dau i knew her  so mum told me .
Danone