Author Topic: 6th Dragoon Guards  (Read 1033 times)

Offline hjoc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
6th Dragoon Guards
« on: Saturday 31 May 14 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to get some details on military service of Edward Cullinan from Ennis, County Clare. He states on enlistment in Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force attestation papers in 1915 that he had previous service of 7 years with the 6th Dragoon Guards. He was born on 15th March 1886 so it must be sometime between 1900 and 1906 that he joined. I cannot find him on website for the Dragoon guards. It has WWI service records but he was gone by then to COEF. Was he posted back to Ireland as Guards appear to have been in Dublin or Derry pre 1914.He was killed on 30th March 1918 in Battle of Moreuil Wood, France but there is no grave but is named on Vimy Memorial.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Dragoon Guards
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 May 14 23:14 BST (UK) »
hi,,,the records you want are on findmypast,,,,enlisted in the royal munster fusiliers,,,militia  1904    discharged by purchase after 90 days,,,,enlisted in dragoons  1906,,,,discharged to army reserve 1913.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hjoc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Dragoon Guards
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 June 14 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,
thanks for all that info. There was a gap in his life I could not fill. Will get on findmypast and hopefully finish Edward's history. He deserves it.