Author Topic: India: Bina Central Provences - Birth Certificate for Clarice Linda Clough  (Read 1334 times)

Offline John M Holmes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to locate a place that would have a birth certificate for Clarice Linda Clough - born in Bina (Central Provences) India. DOB: 15 Oct 1922. Father: Christopher Clough (Railway Manager). Mother: Elizabeth ?

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: India: Bina Central Provences - Birth Certificate for Clarice Linda Clough
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 07:37 BST (UK) »
Her sister is Phylis Beulah Clough b 1921  if it helps anyone...   I can see Phyliss marriage,,,,i can see a couple of passenger lists....Christophers wife Elizabeth appears to have a middle initial L....and was b c 1894.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 07:44 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Lydia Cribb age 22 (daughter of Jonathan Cribb) m Christopher Clough age 30 (son of Ruben Clough) on 26 Apr 1916 Igatpuri
Bombay presidency

MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline John M Holmes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 11:53 BST (UK) »
Wow! Thanks for the quick response. I have been on this research of my Auntie Linda (Clarice) for about 2 years. I had been told that her birth certificate record was burnt and is not available.
Is it possible to purchase a copy of Christopher & Elizabeth's marriage?
 I am the nephew of Linda & Ronald Horatio Holmes her husband. If you need any more info please contact me.
Are you connected to the Clough family?
Thanks again

Offline Valmay Young

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 July 14 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

You didn't have to officially register births, marriages and deaths in India, so unless your ancestors were in the British military the best you can probably hope for is a baptism, marriage or burial entry in the ecclesiastical returns held at the British Library in London. If you can't get to London these are available to view on microfilm at LDS Family History Centres and also now online at findmypast.

If you need an official certified copy the British Library can provide one for a fee. See
http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/findhelpregion/asia/india/indiaofficerecordsfamilyhistory/familyresearch.html#search

To find out more about birth, marriages and deaths in India and all the sources available see
http://wiki.fibis.org/index.php/Birth,_marriage_and_death_records
India: COLLETT, DUNCAN, HOLDWAY, HACKNEY, HYKOOP, HOGSFLESH, KUHLMEY, NORMAN, ROBERTSON, WARDLEY, WHEELER
England: BECKWITH, GASCOYNE, HINMAN, MCCARTHY, WARDLEY, WOOLF

Offline Gillian Olsson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 December 14 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Dear John:  I am Phyllis Beulah Clough's Daughter.  Also Aunty  Linda ( Clarice Linda Holmes) Niece?  Can I help you.  Please contact me through my email address a.s.a.p  Thank You.

gillianolsson@bigpond.com