Author Topic: Morrison and Allen family jamaica help needed please  (Read 2585 times)

Offline nadine a

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morrison and Allen family jamaica help needed please
« on: Friday 12 September 14 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi all

l am researching my fathers family tree and would really appreciate some help please as seem to be going round in circles and still not use to searching Jamaican Records,

l am researching a Alexander Morrison who lived and died in Mocho mount Valley Jamaica,
Alexanders death record on familysearch.org it says he died on the 14 April 1954 Mocho Jamaica Spouse Imogene Morrison it is recorded that his age at time of death is 70 giving his birth date as around 1884.

l also found the marriage record on familysearch which show the marriage as being on 18 Feb 1932 but know that Alexander and Imogene had children before marriage one being my grandfather born 1918 the childrens birth records do have Alexander Morrison as being present but the children records show imogenes surname Allen rather then Morrison maybe as at that time they were not married and Alexander is recorded as occupier mount Valley Clarendon,  The marriage records states that Alexander is cultivator ? and that Alexander morrisons father is a Edward Morrison and that Imogene Allens father is a David Allen also that Alexander was a bachelor and Imogene a spinster although l have been told that Imogene did have a child before she met Alexander from a previous relation, l have searched for both Alexanders and imogenes births but can not find even  possible match although l have found records for other births with a Edward Morrison and a David Allen as fathers but can not seem to link any of them to my Alexander and Imogene.

Any help with locating or linking a Edward Morrison or David Allen to my family would be much appreciated or any suggestion of where to look for them would be amazing.

Kind Regards

Nadine
ward, Harris, Bevan, Evans, Allen, Taylor, Radwell, Blackwell, Cherry, Bradshaw

Offline Butch20

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Morrison and Allen family jamaica help needed please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 June 15 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Nadine

My mothers name is Florence Morrison whose mother is Emogene Morrison (Miss Emma) I am also from Mocho (Mount Valley) in Jamaica and was raised by Emogene from the age of 5 to 10 until I emigrated to the UK in 1964.

I am familiar with the family mention in your previous message back in August 2014 and maybe I can be of further help to you.

Butch