Author Topic: Breich Inns West Lothian How do I date the building?  (Read 9307 times)

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Breich Inns West Lothian How do I date the building?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 May 13 15:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the photos - they are much appreciated.

Offline tam2102

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Mirrin, I currently stay in Breich and used to go to the Breich Inns all the time before it was closed and knocked down. The owner when this happened is a Councillor now. could be worth an email to him as he might know a lot more information? Gordon Beurskens is his name.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 21:10 BST (UK) »
Each [owned/feued but not rented] property in Scotland has a search sheet in the relevant county of the Register of Sasines. The First Series started in about the 1870s and each sheet transferred to the Second Series later between 1890 & 1905. The search sheet shows the recording details of each change of ownership. The first Series sometimes had marginal notes giving the dates of earlier deeds so you may be able to find the date of the first recorded deed which may indicate date of building.

Through my work I have access to the online indexes of search sheets. If you like I can look up the Breich Inn - it may have in fact been rented from the local estate so will have no search sheet. Search sheets themselves cost £3.60 to download [they cost more if you obtain them through search firms].

Josey

EDIT: The Land Register has taken over from the Sasines in the past 20 years or so but the Sasine search sheets are still available from before the time that a property is transferred.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 11:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for your reply and suggestions.

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 August 13 11:27 BST (UK) »
Josey    Thank you very much for all the information that you managed to find for me.

Mirrin