Author Topic: Fury/Furey Family from Killoe Parish  (Read 7953 times)

Offline katy carney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fury/Furey Family from Killoe Parish
« on: Wednesday 27 January 10 19:42 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for some information about a Fury/Furey family from Killoe Parish.  Bernard Fury was baptised in Drumlish in 1854.  His father was Francis Fury and his mother was Anne Reilly.  Bernard gave his birthplace as Longford in the 1911 English census and his marriage certificate confirms that his father was Francis Furey, farmer.  I have searched Griffiths and found two entries for Francis Fury dated 1854 in Esker North.  There were other Fury/Fureys listed in the Griffiths index for Longford and I would like to find out whether they were relatives of Francis and Bernard.  The sponsors at Bernard's baptism were a William Reynolds and a Mary Reilly and Bernard named one of his sons William Reynolds Furey.  Does anybody link into this family or have any further information that might help me with my search?

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Fury/Furey Family from Killoe Parish
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Katy
I'm also looking into the Fury's from Drumlish I have a Catherine Fury married to James Cassidy abt 1860 their son Francis Cassidy was born 1875 Drumlish

Sue
Cassidy (Stirling & Ireland ) Thorassie(Canada)
Cassles.(Ayr) Wilson(Midlotion )
Hughes(England) Hannah.(Ayr)   Sinclair's(Stiling&clackmannan) Boon(Ayr)
Fraser. (Lanark) Kerr (Midlotion)
Docherty (Dunbarton) Scobbie (Clakmannan) Arichbald (Perth)
Wightman( Lanark) Connor (Ireland) Ryan (Ireland)  Pride(Lanark) Todd (Lanark) Fury (Ieland) Forsyth(Lanark) (Finley(Lanark) Fisher(Stirling) Sommerville(Stirling)

Offline katy carney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Thanks for your response to my post.  It does sound as though Catherine, Bernard and Francis could have been from the same family.  I can't find any baptism for Francis Cassidy around 1875 in Drumlish online, or any marriage for Catherine Furey and James Cassidy.  This isn't actually my family, but that of a friend who asked me for help with his research.  I think that since I made that post he may be in touch with someone in Longford who knows a bit more about the family so will pass your information on to him.  Will come back to you if I can throw any light on Catherine and James Cassidy.

Best wishes

Catherine

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Katy
Thanks for getting back to me my g grandfather was Patrick Cassidy son of James and Catherine he was born 1873 there was also John born 1872 & Bridget born
1865 Patrick and the brothers settled in Scotland in the late 1890s I don't know if all the family moved or just the sons
I found  Francis & Bridget on IGI but no record of James & Catherine marriage
It would be great if there is a link and be able to learn more about the Fury's
Thanks
Sue
Wightman( Lanark) Connor (Ireland) Ryan (Ireland)  Pride(Lanark) Todd (Lanark) Fury (Ieland) Forsyth(Lanark) (Finley(Lanark) Fisher(Stirling) Sommerville(Stirling)

Offline katy carney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 April 10 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Do you know where Bridget was born?  If she was the first child it may give a clue as to where to look for Catherine and James' marriage.  My friend is still waiting for his contact to get back to him so no new information yet!

Best wishes

Catherine

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 April 10 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Katy
This is form IGI
Birth 1 Feb 1865 0257 Drumlish Longford

Mother Catherine  Fury
Father James Cassidy

Batch no C701253  Source 0101102

sue

Offline keenfamilyfinder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 December 13 19:52 GMT (UK) »
I know this has been a rather long time since either of you have posted here, but I have some additional information and I hope that you'll get notification that I've posted. James Cassidy and Catherine Furey had at least three other children. A daughter, Anne (or Anna), Peter and Frank. They moved to the US around 1882. I'm descended from Anne and I have her death certificate that names her parents. I have record of her brothers because they lived with her after she was married. I'd love to compare notes- I can be reached at rachelcampbell6250@yahoo.com or possibly here on this forum.

Rachel

Offline turbonz

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am actually the friend of Katy Carney. Catherine began this research on my behalf in 2010. I phoned a distant relative in Drumlish yesterday, having restarted my quest,  and am awaiting information about the Fureys dating back to James Furey and his brother Francis Furey and possibly further back. Francis must have been born about 1840. Bernard was one of Francis's sons. Once I have the facts I will gladly post them.

Best wishes.
Chris Botur

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 15:11 BST (UK) »