Author Topic: Surname interest MAUND ?  (Read 27398 times)

Offline Coldstream2cg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John James Maund
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 07:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary,

I'm trying to research a particular family and hen they immigrated to Virginia Colonies. John James Maund was born  1765 I believe in Wales . I know he sent a daughter back to the England following the death of his father (!700-1799 as stated in a letter), but I don't know his father's name. J J Maund married Harriet Lucy Carter, daughter of the Robert Carter III, a very well known family in the colonies. (I won't go into that, it's all on Wikipediea).
I really would like to know who was James John Maund's paretns, if you know anything, I'd love to hear from you.

Amy Liem

Good afternoon Amy

It has been some time since I got invlived in family history, am now working and living in Asia.

I have started to be interested in John James Maund as I now have many copies of parish entries for wales, but reading the letters of John James Maund aho you indicate was born in 1765 and his father dies in 1799 at the age of 99, it would make his father about 65 when John was born!!! or he married late and had a very younger wife or he married twice again with a younger wife.

I cannot find any Maund who dies in 1799 at the age of 99, may I know where the information comes from that he was born & from Wales? do you know the ship that he arrived on from England and where it left port?, what was the name of his daughter that came back to England after his father's death, did he come with her and if so what was the name of the ship, the port it left and the intended port in England?

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you..

Warm regards Gary

Offline scrubtech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Surname interest MAUND ?
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a Theophilus Maund who married a Jane Alsiter. Theophilus was born Oct 1675 in Brimfield, Herefordshire, England. I do not know much about the orgins of this part of my family. I was told that the Maund surname means basket maker. Does anyone know what the Maund family did for work or where they came from? Does anyone have a Theophilus Maund?' Theophilus did have a daughter named Elizabeth who married a Thomas Clee. Any help would be welcomed.

Thank you,
Scrubtech

Offline scrubtech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Surname interest MAUND ?
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 06 November 14 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mr. Gary Maund

Thank your for getting in touch with me. I do not skype. I am so bad with that kind of stuff.  Theophilus Maund is my 9th great grandfather. His daughter Elizabeth Maund born 1700, married a Thomas Clee. I have a family tree on ancestry.com and can exchange family information with you. I know nothing about my family and have only heard stories about the Maund family being basket makers. I would like to know more about my family. I have done 3 DNA tests and have uploaded the results to gedmatch.com. I would like to know more such as what they did, where they came from and if they immigrated to the USA. I am trying to piece it all together. If you need more information I will be happy to share it. I tried to email you but it came back both times.

Regards,

Tia Gray