Author Topic: my surname interests in Trawsfynedd & Llandanwg  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
my surname interests in Trawsfynedd & Llandanwg
« on: Tuesday 20 June 06 09:38 BST (UK) »
Humphrey
Williams
Jones
Roberts
Lloyd
Cadwaladr
Owens
Glynn

They are all one big family.

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: my surname interests in Trawsfynedd & Llandanwg
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 17:13 BST (UK) »
These are fairly common Surnames in the Trawsfynydd area, and because patronymics were used by some Traws families until the 1870's they are often shared by unrelated individuals.

I have all of your names in my Trawsfynydd families (both of my paternal grandparents were from Trawsfynydd but are not, as far as I know, related to each other)

My family tree is on line here:

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=alwynaphuw

(If you look at the ancestors of Annie Jones 1903-1990 and David John Humphreys 1905-1981, you should find my Trawsfynydd connections)

Please let me know if you find anybody of common interest.

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 June 06 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I have had a look at the site but have been unable to find any of my ancestors, I have only looked at my direct line at the moment but I will look at the siblings aswell.  When I saw how many names were there I thought yes I might be lucky here, but unfortunatley I was not but what an interesting site,  There is a site like that for Somerset and I have  found lots of my Somerset ancestors on there.

If I find anything and if it is ok with you can I please get back in touch.

Thank you

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 August 10 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi I know its a long time since you posted this on the site but I have Margaret Humphrtyes of Trawsfynydd marrying William Jones of Llanuwchlyn 12 October 1833, witnesses were edward jones (father and Hugh evans).

might be related
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire