Author Topic: William PEARCE of Innerleithen  (Read 34545 times)

Offline cherylj

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William PEARCE of Innerleithen
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 January 11 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean,

I am writing regarding Alexander Learmond and Isabella Pearce, they are the parents of Margaret Learmond, she married a William Lighterness.  William is my relative in my partners tree.

I note in your old post that you stated that Alexander and Isabella were in your tree.  You also said you had photo's of a lemonade lorry and birth certificates.  I was wondering whether you would be interested in forwarding those to me, so that I can add them to my tree??

I have tried to find information about William Pearce & Sons, unfortunately from my search on the net, it seems that the company may have gone into liquidation.  And may have been taken over by another company.  So I have had no luck in trying to contact the company to see if they have any history.

Hoping to hear from you.

Regards

Cheryl

Taylor, Dickens, Jasperson, Nugent, Lighterness

Offline sLearmond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 January 11 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cheryl,
My grandparents are Alexander Learmond and Isabella Hilda Pearce (and I suspect the previous poster, Jean, is my cousin actually). As Jean said, they had 11 children, my father being number 7, James (Jim).

What I am not sure about though is the Margaret you mention though the eldest child was Hilda Margaret but I understand she married an Armitage and a Schroder (but I can check those details).

My great grandmother, Isabella's mother, was actually Margaret Pearce (nee Johnston) which is the relationship to the lemonade company.

Best wishes
Stephen

Offline sLearmond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 January 11 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Cheryl,
From one of your other posts, I realise that you were referring to an earlier generation but with the same names so my comments may not be that helpful now!

Steve

Offline cherylj

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 January 11 02:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,

My Margaret Learmond was born on the 19th October 1735 in Eyemouth, perhaps this date might clarify if this is Hilda Margaret??

Regards

Cheryl
Taylor, Dickens, Jasperson, Nugent, Lighterness

Offline sLearmond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 31 January 11 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cheryl,
We were out of sync there on who we were discussing by 200 years!.. Good to see the family names keep being used  though!

Steve

Offline Andrew M Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 March 11 23:38 BST (UK) »
Found a photo of William Pearce and his wife Sarah of Innerleithan when clearing my late mothers belongings amongst others of the Innerleithan area I have posted them on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60907094@N06/sets/72157626374772314/

Offline gmather

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 15:21 BST (UK) »
Andrew,

Thank you very much for those pics. That's just brilliant. I've never seen pics of my ancestors, that far back. I love it! I've let my sister know they are out there. She too has moved back to Innerleithen and staying just along the road from where the lemonade business used to be.

Gary

Offline Andrew M Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 15:59 BST (UK) »
Glad to be of help only found out these photo's existed a couple of weeks ago and couldn't wait to get them online.  Don't think the photo's had seen the light of day for many a year which was a great pity because they are of a high standard and I hope they will be off interest to many people with Innerleithen connections.  :)

Offline Andrew M Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 16:35 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather was frederick pearce who was a son of richard and ann pearce and so a brother of william he was born in chatham in kent, england so william was most probably born there too.  I knew i had some family connection to the pearce lemonade business in Innerleithan but wasn't sure of the link till i read this thread i hope this has been some help.

To correct my earlier post William(abt 1839) was born in East Peckham, Kent as were his parents before him and also his siblings Ann(1831), Richard(1832) and Mary(1835), sister Elizabeth was born in Walthamstow Essex(1841) brother Albert in Raithby Lincolnshire(1844) and brother Frederick(my G/G Grandfather) in Tonbridge Kent(1847). They liked to move about a bit did the Pearce's!