Author Topic: llanelian yn rhos  (Read 3317 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: llanelian yn rhos
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 March 14 08:05 GMT (UK) »
I think the following suggests that earlier records may possibly(only possibly) exist in the Bishops Transcripts at the county record offices.

http://www.genuki.com/big/wal/DEN/Llanelian/index.html

Regards
Roger

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 March 14 09:23 GMT (UK) »
hi roger,
thankyou for the info. I was flicking through the parish records of llansaffraid glan Conway and came across another Elizabeth Thomas born 1671 to Hugh Thomas and Margaret Roberts, john was born 1675 llansaffraid glan Conway sounds more like it. I have been experiencing difficulty with the glan Conway parish records they seem to jump several years, eg I was on the year 1686 and then turned the next page and was on year 1666, so I flicked the next page and was on year 1705, do you know if some of the years were lost.
regards
lynne

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 March 14 11:51 GMT (UK) »
hi roger.
well spotted the will of owen Roberts of Tynewydd, I think he is the brother of my John and the son of Hugh Roberts and gwen Lloyd, Owen was born 13 May 1686 and died 11 March 1727. totally stuck now I cant find anythink for Hugh Roberts or Gwen Lloyd.
regards
Lynne

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 16 March 14 13:50 GMT (UK) »
The following suggests some years are missing,but not near the years you specified.However,this does not mean that the database provider has transcribed them correctly,in order,or at all.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/LlansanffraidGlanConwy/

Regards
Roger

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 17 March 14 06:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger,
Thankyou for the info I could look under Aberconway, also I thought about looking under Bangor,
don't know exactly what area bangor covers.
Regards
Lynne

Offline familyline

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 04:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger,
I am completely stuck on Hugh Roberts and Gwen Lloyd. I have tried tracing them under their names, with a date of 1630 plus minus of 50 years and got nothing. I also tried putting that date in with the male names than run in the family to see if I could get a lead looking under Caernarvonshire and denighshire with no luck. the only thing I have is some of the children,
Robert 26 oct 1670, Robert 21 Jun 1673, John 30 May 1675, Will 22 Jul 1676, Owen 1686, you will see a gap in the years of the children, that's just turning a page. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. John is my line married to Elizabeth Thomas both born Llansaffraid glan Conway, there is a death for a John 14 March 1753 Llansaffraid glan Conway that would make him about 78 years, but yet again cant be sure if that is my John. There is a death for a Hugh Roberts of Aber 18 March 1730, yet again its hard to know if he is mine.
Regards
Lynne

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 May 14 14:19 BST (UK) »
theres also a bond 1757 for John Roberts, which names Elizabeth Davies as his widow!