Author Topic: Richard Conway Born Flint 1886  (Read 6215 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Richard Conway Born Flint 1886
« on: Thursday 30 August 12 00:31 BST (UK) »
My relative Richard Conway was born in Flint in 1886.Before I had found any marriage for him I had noted the death of a Richard Conway in the Holywell District of Flintshire in 1959 and whose birthyear is given as c 1887.I have recently added a marriage for him to a Mary Ellen Hughes in 1912 again in the Holywell District.Now Free BMD gives the name simply as a Richard Conway marrying the Mary Ellen Hughes as does North Wales BMD.

Given all the above info you would have thought that I have his entire life events as a closed book.However the National Probate Calendar on Ancestry gives the Richard Conway dying in 1959 as a Charles Richard Conway where administration is given to Mary Ellen Conway widow.

I'm left now doubting everything!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Conway Born Flint 1886
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 August 12 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi William

I think I would check electoral registers to see if his name changed. There are of course others with the same name in the area and some Charles Richard Conway's in other areas but not married to a Mary Ellen as far as I can see. I have instances of added first names which confused me and I still have a self doubt about one but everything else fits.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 August 12 00:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Peter,of course if it was left to me I would take everything as being of the straight Richard Conway.However I am involved in what can best be called a rather frank exchange with apparently a descendant of Mary Ellen Hughes's sister on Ancestry who insists on only adding the Conway as Charles Richard Conway purely on the basis of the National Probate Calendar entry.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 August 12 01:28 BST (UK) »
As you probably know,his WW1 pension record is as Richard Conway.

Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 August 12 12:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks,I'm trying to impress on my Ancestry contact that apart from the NPC entry there no instances of a Charles Richard Conway in the locality.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline HartDavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 02:04 BST (UK) »
Hi William,
Charles Richard and Mary Ellen are my grandparents. The family always used their second christian name, as did he.
I can give you as much information as you would like but what is your connection?

Penelope

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 08:40 BST (UK) »
Well Penelope,its a great pleasure to welcome a cousin of mine to Rootschat!Of course if you have researched the parents of Richard,who were a Thomas Conway born in Widnes Lancashire in c 1854 and a Sarah Ann Hayes born in Flint in c 1863,you will realise that with their marriage two Conway families were united.

Sarah Ann Hayes was the daughter of a Richard Hayes born in Flint in 1841 and a Maria Conway born in Flint in 1838.In turn Maria was the daughter of a Roger Conway born in Flint in 1814 and a Sarah Roberts born in Flint in c 1815.

Roger now was the son of a Thomas Conway born in Flint in 1789 and a Jane Jones born in Flint in c 1790.Thomas was the son of a James Conway born in Bodfari Flintshire in 1752 and a Mary Jones born in Flint in 1750.

James and Mary married at Flint in 1774 but this James is listed in the Flint baptisms for the son of Mary Jones,an Edward born in 1772.It is from this Edward that I am descended.

Now before I can get in touch with you by means of a private message on this Site you will have to make three messages in total.When you do that I will send you a link to all my info.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline HartDavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 May 14 03:29 BST (UK) »
Nice to hear from you William and very excited that you have records going back so far ...or even further? Don't quite understand about the 3 messages  but will send. You may notice the timr. Not a shift worker but just a bit sleepless past 2 nights.

Family use my full name. Everyone else calls me Penny.
Take your pick.

Regards

Penelope Hart Davies

Offline HartDavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 May 14 03:44 BST (UK) »
Richard and Mary Ellen had 7 children, listed here chronologically.
Catherine and Malcolm died as infants.
The following have all passex away including my mother.
Elizabeth Mary, known as Mary - married wth 3 children + next 2 generations
Gwendolyn - unmarried
Eileen - unmarried
David Richard, known as Richard - unmarried
Cecilia - divorced. Had 3 children, Penelope Anne (myself), Louise Clare and Helen Felicity.