Author Topic: ancestor out into Nazareth house Belfast  (Read 5951 times)

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ancestor out into Nazareth house Belfast
« on: Saturday 14 June 14 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hello
Im wondering if anyone could help me.... I'm trying to trace an ancestor who was put into Nazareth house.
His name was James Patrick McCaughey he was baptised 6th May 1928 in St Patrick's in Donegal street! Is this church where the babies went to be baptised??? However it did say Arizona street on it!! But no mother or father was listed!! I'm trying to track down who he was and where he came from! He died not knowing who he was!

Any info on anything mentioned above would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Laura

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: ancestor out into Nazareth house Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 18:33 BST (UK) »
   Hey everyone, I have got a little more information on this.......
James patrick mccaughey baptised 6th may 1927 was actually took out the babies home by an agnes mccaughey in 1927 and baptised by her......I have nothing from nazareth house at present to to give a date. I also think this was not his real name...does anyone know how I would find this man and his resl birth cert
Any information would be gratefully appreciated
Laura

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 19:12 BST (UK) »
I think you will have an uphill struggle to get information that is less than 100 years old  however my understanding is that Nazareth House Belfast records are now kept in London
Sister Matthews,
Nazareth House,
Hammersmith Road,
London.
W6 8DB.
There are several Agnes McAughey's on the 1911 census in Antrim
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 19:15 BST (UK) »
Aww thank you so much for this. Im hoping to apply for the information on the freedom of information act and the man in question has passed away.. hopefully this will help my case.....now the writing of a letter must begin lol
Laura

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 22:57 BST (UK) »
Best wishes with that, religious orders are not known for "helping" it could help your case that the person has died and so provide the proof of that.

Even with the 100 year rule on records and it is not over 100 years and many religious orders will still say they do not have any information any longer, so the Freedom of Information act will not help you
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline scarlet35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi can anyone help
Am looking at my family tree abd i cant get any information on the family. The only information i have is tgat my grandad henry brown was put in nazereth house in about 1928 after the death of his mum ,his 2 sisters kathleen and mary brown was also put in nazereth house
There fathers name was william james browne
If anyone can help i would be very grateful as i have been looking for 3 years

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 13:41 BST (UK) »
any idea how old Henry and his sisters were in 1928 might help pinpoint a birth for them.

or send Unilove18 a P M and see what progress she made since Aug 2014

Offline scarlet35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi yes my grandad (henry) was born 1920 and his sisters were born1919 cathleen and mary 1921 in jordanstown but cant find anything
There parents william and bridget brown(e)

Offline O0millie0o

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 February 16 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm new to roots
I'm trying to find anything on a Margaret Mullen / Mullan who was also put in to Nazareth house at a young age , we think her d.o.b is August 1936 Margaret was then adopted by Annie Walsh but this was not a legal adoption ? And she lived in whitecliffe gardens belfast , Margaret's mother had died of a young age we think her mother was call Mary Alice Dempsey d.o.b 1914 and we think she may of come from Dublin . Hope this enough information to go on thanks x