Author Topic: scullions New Ballymena Area  (Read 2917 times)

Offline BevBaird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
scullions New Ballymena Area
« on: Wednesday 06 August 14 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin Just wondering where your Scullions were from? I have a few photos of Scullions possibly from Grange Millquarter (near Ballymena). They are no relation but friends of my granda-he was born 1896. I do have a few names in common with you as well Hutchinson from Ballymena being one   :D

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Have you seen this man around Ballymena recently?
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Link: New Ballymena Area Burial and Plot Owners Online
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi BevB,  My Thomas Scullion (Presbyterian) was born about 1790 and farmed at Dunminning, north of Cullybackey.  I have Reillys from Kilvillis, near Grange Mill Quarter.  My Robert Hutchinson was from near Clough which is 7 miles north of Ballymena.  What other surnames have you that are common with mine?   Colin.
Co. Antrim ...Porter, Moore, Harper, Latham, Mulholland, Manson, Craig, McNeill, Steele, Simpson, Scullion, Black, Larkin, Ramsay, Letson, Marks, McBride, , Jamieson, Robb, Cuningham, Mc(C)Lean, Johnston, Huggins, Hilton.
Co. Down ...Purse, Manson, Hay, Russell, Barrons.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.
Co. Donegal ..Johnston, Bustard, Funston, Elvin, Wilson, Harron, Hume, Scott, Griffith, Kee, Forsythe
Co. Fermanagh ..Funston, Keys.
Co. Tyrone.. Bustard, Funston.

Offline BevBaird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 23:06 BST (UK) »
Aw that's a pity about the Scullions. I have a lot of photos etc from my granda and I would love to share them with relatives! If you want to have a look at them I have posted some of them on a closed group Ballymena Family History Society Group on Facebook. It is actually a very helpful group if you have any queries. I know someone on it was talking about McFetridge - I remember because I work with someone with that name! I actually found a lot of my American relatives on FB but that's a whole other story!!
My Hutchinsons lived in Tullygarley Ballymena but I'm not sure where before that. I've only just started looking into them again. the Hutchinsons were on my granny's side and I have a lot more info on my granda's side. His grandmother was Mary Jamison born 1830 married Thomas McMeekin in Ballymena.
My husband's grandmother was Reilly but she was from Co Cavan and my maiden name was Johnston but my dad was from Portadown, Co Armagh and I also have Johnston's on my granda's side but again from Co Antrim.  ;D

Offline BevBaird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 23:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry should have said the photos are under the name 'Thomas McMeekin photos' in the photos tab

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 August 14 02:15 BST (UK) »
Same surnames...different locations!  For many years I've been stuck at my farthest back McFetridge named Daniel who lived at Craigywarren in the early to mid 1800's.  There's no reference to him in any documents I've researched in Co. Antrim.
Co. Antrim ...Porter, Moore, Harper, Latham, Mulholland, Manson, Craig, McNeill, Steele, Simpson, Scullion, Black, Larkin, Ramsay, Letson, Marks, McBride, , Jamieson, Robb, Cuningham, Mc(C)Lean, Johnston, Huggins, Hilton.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.
Co. Donegal ..Johnston, Bustard, Funston, Elvin, Wilson, Harron, Hume, Scott, Griffith, Kee, Forsythe

Offline BevBaird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: scullions New Ballymena Area
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 August 14 11:42 BST (UK) »
I just had a look on the FB page and there is a lady called Lynn Dillon from Australia researching McFetridge and you never know....! I just spoke to someone on it from America who, although no relation, had ancestors who were neighbours of my granda's family on 1901 census. It can be a small world!! Good luck anyway with the rest of your research  :) ps I'll ask the girl I work with to ask her in-laws if they have any information on their family

Offline BevBaird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 August 14 13:54 BST (UK) »
And you might like to have a look at this...another BFHS member http://genforum.genealogy.com/ireland/antrim/messages/1024.html

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 August 14 01:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bev.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.