Author Topic: Nancy Jane McIntyre/William White m 1888. know sister or brothers of them?  (Read 6633 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Jane McIntyre/William White m 1888. know sister or brothers of them?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 17:37 BST (UK) »
Rosetards Presbyterian Church, originally known as Derrykeighan, and the 1st minister was ordained in 1751 but the earliest records may not survive.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Canadian Irish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 September 14 06:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Gr Grandfather  William White (b.Jan.3, 1863, d may 14, 1939). Born in Antrim, Northern Ireland and died in New Brunswick Canada.
Gr Grandmother Nancy Jane McIntyre (b. Dec.11, 1858, d Oct.7, 1952) Born in Antrim, Northern Ireland and died in New Brunswick, Canada

William Whites Silblings in Ireland are:

Robert White (no birth or death dates).  No wife name... He had four boys.  William, John Robert
and Mary.

2nd sibiling Jane White who married James Murphy and they have Samuel (no dates of birth or anything).

3rd sibling James White (no dates, name of husband) children are James and Margaret.

GrGr Grandmother Nancy Jane McIntyre parents were John McIntyre m. Annie Harten.
I would like to find more about her family also.

1.  So next step is to find Nancy Jane McIntyre's parents parents.

2.  Find out abou James White and Ester McCay married (Dec.16, 1834).

I did make a mistake in my first post saying that Margaret Jane died in Ireland
 but she died in New Brunswick, Canada and she was married and died as a young age.

If there are any relatives that are looking for the Canadian family my Dad did the whole family tree here :)

Have a nice day,

Alicia  :)

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 September 14 12:44 BST (UK) »
This is my last contribution
My take on your investigations so far is the Irish census did show that the Whites in 1901 were living in John McIntyre’s house  at ref 1 in Bellisle Dervock, Antrim and without him in 1911 at ref 4 in Bellisle Dervock, Antrim. The question arises where was  William b abt 1862-1864 born. ? the marriage record should hold the key. The church might hold both answers in most detail.
 The census 1901 and 1911 also showed the children were born with the possibility of more, but they already had been married 23 years  The birth years looks close to being accurate
John 1889/90
Maggie  1891/2
James 1893/4
William 1897/8
Robert 1900/1

you can acquire birth details from GRONI Belfast .  I think some are already listed simply on familysearch.org .  eg a James White on https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FBX9-2MP
cited as "Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FBX9-2MP : accessed 18 Sep 2014), BIRTHS entry for James White; citing Ballymoney, Apr - Jun 1893, vol. 1, p. 125, General Registry, Custom House, Dublin; FHL microfilm 101064. My search included named father and mothers surname

Moving back some 40 years in Griffiths 1st valuation 1861 DERRYKEIGHAN there are no Whites listed a tenants,. They could of course be there but living in houses deemed of a condition so poor they cannot have a valuation tax.
Anyway the McIntyres living there in DERRYKEIGHAN included
McIntyre   William  Carncoggy
McIntyre   Neal   Knockavallan
McIntyre   Neal   Lisnabraugh
McIntyre   James Mostragee
McIntyre   Anne   Ballyratahan, Lower Ie Knowhead Street Dervock

Griffiths can often be extended with registered changes up to 1921 ? see PRONI website

There is a John White Landlord who doesn’t live in the parish who leases 3 properties {he might live in a neighboring parish eg Billy, The Grange of Drumtallagh, Armoy, Loughguile, Ballymoney, Dunluce or even Kilraghts}

Going back in time to 1825’s I have already listed the names in Tithes spplotment records for Ballymoney civil parish, now here is DERRYKEIGHAN
Hart* none
McIntire, John Townland: Dervock Year: 1827
McIntire, Neal Townland: Knockavallon Year: 1827

McIntyire, Widow Townland: Carncogy Year: 1827
White  none

There are 8 Harten’s listed in Griffiths, none in Co Antrim but as there nearly 200 in the irish census something to do with the spelling in Co Antrim so I used the other Gfriffiths website which allows you to part spell surnames http://www.failteromhat.com/post1845.php  Here they are under Harton
Harton  Henry  Conogher  Ballymoney  Antrim
Harton  Joseph  Dunaghy  Ballymoney  Antrim
Harton  James  Dock Townparks Fleet Street  Shankill  Antrim
Harton  Frances  Lisconnan  Derrykeighan  Antrim
Harton  James  Knocknahinch  Armoy  Antrim
Harton  James  Dock Townparks Fleet Street  Shankill  Antrim
Harton  Margaret  Carrowreagh  Grange of Drumtallagh  Antrim
Harton  Catherine  Knocksoghey  Ballintoy  Antrim
Harton  James  Culbane  Loughguile  Antrim
Harton  Esther  Ballytaggart  Loughguile  Antrim
Harton  John  Broughdone  Craigs  Antrim
Good luck onwards, you are going to have to do the searching yourself if you continue at some point
over to others anyway JimG
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Canadian Irish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 September 14 03:45 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you so very much.  Yes, I was planning on doing some research on the weekend as I work all week  :).  I really do appreciate all the work you and others have done that has been extremely helpful.  I had looked up many of the sites but had gotten some slightly different results than others have gotten.  Our libraries have free ancestory.com so I might go there on Saturday.

Thank you

Alicia-Mairi McIntyre White  :D