Author Topic: Greenwich Electoral Roll Lookup  (Read 4368 times)

Offline colinsmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Greenwich Electoral Roll Lookup
« on: Monday 17 April 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
I had a relative by the name of Francis Shearer Mcpherson. Before his death in 1934 he lived at 17 Liskeard Gardens, Charlton, Greenwich. London County.

On his death certificate his son was the informant. This son is recorded as being M. A. Mcpherson and was living at home with Francis. I need to know what the sons first two names are.

Does anyone have access to Electoral Rolls/Poll Books around 1930 -1934. If so is it possible to look up the occupants of the above address. Hopefully M.A. Mcpherson should be there with his full name recorded.

I can't think of any other way to find out his details. I would be really grateful  if any one can help

Colin S. Macpherson

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Greenwich Electoral Roll Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 April 06 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin,

I see Francis was 67 when he died.  I would think there is a reasonable chance that his son was born by 1901.  Have you looked for Francis and his family on any census?  It could be well worth tracking him that way.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline colinsmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Greenwich Electoral Roll Lookup
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 April 06 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Little Nell
Yes I have been down the Census route. Francis and family were in Scotland at the time of the 1901 Census. The son I am trying to find out about was not born till well after the Census. He was probably born in Stirling around 1907. Stirling was where the other children were born before they moved to England sometime after 1909.

thanks for your thoughts anyway,

Colin Macpherson