Author Topic: When did Mary Foreman die?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
When did Mary Foreman die?
« on: Thursday 30 October 14 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm trying to find where and when my ancestor Mary Ann Foreman died.

She was born Mary Ann Sunnock in 1825 at East Peckham. She married Thomas Foreman in 1844 at East Malling.

They lived in West Malling until Thomas died in 1889, after which Mary was living with her daughter Eliza Wood in Northfleet. She can found living with her daughter and her family in both the 1891 and 1901 census'.

In the 1911 census Eliza and her family are still living at the same address in Northfleet but Mary is not with them, so I'm assuming she had died between the census'.

However I cannot find her death listed in the civil registration index. I'm also struggling to find her in the 1911 census in case she was living with one of her other children.

Can anyone help me with tracking Mary's final years please?

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: When did Mary Foreman die?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 October 14 08:54 GMT (UK) »
A possibility?

December qtr 1904
Elham district     vol 2a, page 680

Foreman, Mary Ann     age 80
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Re: When did Mary Foreman die?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 October 14 09:04 GMT (UK) »
I did see that entry which could be my Mary. However it seems out of place given she was living in Northfleet and, from what I've researched so far, most of her children were living in the Malling/Maidstone area around the time of her death ???