Author Topic: John Morland (McMorland?) Married Jane McCredie Help Please  (Read 10601 times)

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Morland (McMorland?) Married Jane McCredie Help Please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 October 12 00:37 BST (UK) »
Would this be the James you think is yours? No relationships given as I only have access to ancestry. if the ages have been rounded down then James born 1812 to 1816
1841 Inch
Jean Cumming 82
Sarah Cumming 45
Elisabeth Cumming 30
Mary Logan 4
James McMorland 25 ag lab
Margaret McMorland 45
Jannet McMorland 9

All born Wigtownshire

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 October 12 00:44 BST (UK) »
William. Another family of Cummins/Cummings. Did I see a reference by you to a Cummings or did I dream it?
1841 Claddyhouse Inch
John Kerr 60 farmer
Grace Kerr 60
Mary Cummins 25
John Cummins 4
George Cummins 2
Grace Cummins 3 Mo
William McMorland 15 ag lab
James Mcnish 45

All born Wigtownshire

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 October 12 01:02 BST (UK) »
It may be worth noting that besides the marriage of John McMorland to Margaret Kerr 16 April 1770
A John McMorland married a Margaret Simpson 5 November 1762 so if no mother's surname given on births they could be children of either family.

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 October 12 04:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Crisane, Thanks so much for your interest and attempt to help me! Very much appreciated.. That is an interesting one Crisane, Not seen that one myself but I do have A Janet Cumming (Jean / Jane) as mother of illigitimate son of James McMorland B 1812
James McMorland died in 1879 and has a listed mother as Janet Cumming with illigitimate noted but strangely they have listed under father as John McMorland (Sawyer). John McMorland Married Jane MCredie in 1812...
James McMorland later on married a Mary Thorburn and was a Gardeners labourer. Interestingly his son n Law was in attendnace for death and his name was David McCredie.. That first census report is also interesting abt William McMorland as that age ties in with my William Morland who is missing in the house hold of John & Jane McCredie at Raphod Toll Willia born in 1827.. I note there are also Kerrs mentioned (Link with possibly John McMorlands possible Fathers wife Margaret Kerr born 1843..
Oh Crisane what the eck were they up to back then LOL ...

I just need to track down that death cert of John Morland (McMorland) died abt 1867 as listed from my info.. C who the spouse and parents were ...

Thanks again

Scott Morland
NZ

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 October 12 04:48 BST (UK) »
It may be worth noting that besides the marriage of John McMorland to Margaret Kerr 16 April 1770
A John McMorland married a Margaret Simpson 5 November 1762 so if no mother's surname given on births they could be children of either family.
LOL it just gets more complicated by the min LOL
Thanks
Scott

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 December 13 09:38 GMT (UK) »
So john Morland born 1788 had 2 brothers named Robert (married Anne Lawson) & Thomas (married Ann Darling) . There death certs all name father as Thomas Morland and mother Mary Sprott. I have been unable to prove any other siblings and if any other siblings may well have died before 1841...
There is a family plot with 4 grave stones all Morland (McMorland) in the old Parish cemetery in Inch (Castle Kennedy private grounds) I was fortunate to visit this site back in August of this year and myself, Father & Sister cleaned up the 4 stones and took various pictures along with general photos of the Cemetery. Thomas Morland & Mary Sprott grave here along with other Morlands all related to myself. Was a privilege to see.

The Cemetery is set on stunning grounds but certainly would make a great location for a ghost movie...

Best regards
Scott Morland