Author Topic: MARJORIE HORSEBURGH/GEORGE ROBIE  (Read 2245 times)

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MARJORIE HORSEBURGH/GEORGE ROBIE
« on: Tuesday 28 January 14 13:27 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any details of the parents of both Marjorie Horseburgh and George Robie who according to Scotlands People, were married on 25 November 1779. I believe they are the parents of my 3x gr.grandfather, John Robie, christened in July 1782 in Old Machar, Aberdeen, who also married Helen Barclay, no date known but their only son John was born about 1804 in Forfar, Angus. I have no information on Marjorie at all.

John Robie (1782) was in the Royal Artillery Drivers from 1801-1818, and his records indicate he was born in Old Bachar. He also had a brother James, christened in November 1780. In the 1841 census, John & Helen were living in Barclay Street, Stonehaven, Aberdeen.

The only George Robie found, born in a period potentially to marry in 1779, was a birth of a George Robie on 20 May 1747 with father William from Drumoak, however I have reservations about this one and not convinced he is the one. Hope someone can help.

Wildcats13

Offline MaryandRobin Brown

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: MARJORIE HORSEBURGH/GEORGE ROBIE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 December 15 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi wildcats13, I notice that some time ago you were looking for information about Colin Humphrey Brown. The late Colin Brown is my father. Please feel free to email me (*) if you would like more info. I would be interested to hear about your research
Best wishes
Robin Brown

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php